Thursday, February 28, 2008

February 28, 2008 - TX in February

I LOVE TEXAS...but I REALLY love Texas this time of year. The weather is so beautiful. We have great weather most of the year, but the last 12 months it has rained A LOT! So, I thought I'd write today to brag that we have not had any rain for several days. Yes, it is supposed to rain this weekend, but I believe I can once again believe our new property is not made of permanent mud. I was starting to worry!!! Even our horses were getting tired of the mud. We would put them in their stalls in the evening and feed them. Then, when it was time to go back out, we'd have to practically push them out of their stalls. We did have to literally push Twister out. He's such a pansy! He'll roll in the mud, but GOD FORBID if his feet touch it! LOL

So, with good weather comes the anxious feeling of Spring Break and Summer! This will be the first year in many, many years I will not have a summer job. I CANNOT WAIT! I thought it would never come or only come with the joy of taking care of children. (I say this with a 'little' tongue and cheek....meaning no 'me time' like I hear about from my teacher friends.) Anyhow, that was my goal...to not work for FBISD this summer. At least on a regular basis. I am really looking forward to enjoying our dream home and property. I'm also looking forward to helping Ryan with the horses he trains and maybe doing some painting in our house. That will start during spring break.

This time of year also means the excitement of Rodeo Houston. Of course, after 10 yrs, it's not as exciting, but it is still fun to go up there a couple of times to see everything, shop, and watch the rodeo. Oh, yea, and watch the concert if it's anyone good. This year, Ryan and I plan to compete in the APHA show during Rodeo Houston. I will run poles and barrels and Ryan will team rope off of Twister. Well, his friend is going to ride Twister, Ryan will head for him on Badger. I am anxious and hope we do well!

Oh, yes, and I'm VERY anxious to go see Stacy Connell in New York City this summer. I CANNOT wait! I think it will be a blast! I'm sure I'll have tons of pictures to share with everyone. NYC is one place I've ALWAYS wanted to go. Strange to think a country girl like me would like to do that...but I still have the travel bug and love traveling to places I've never been!

Until next time...

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hey there! Your blog is great! Maybe one of these days I'll be adventurous and you can show me how it's done - ha ha!

Since you won't be working this summer we'll definitely have to get together!
Jennifer

Gwenyth said...

Way to go! You're such a techie! Can't wait to see how this all works since my sister-in-law plans to set one up once they are in Seattle.

Talk to you soon!