I don't really know if it is first day jitters or just being out of tune with my horses, but we made it through either way. Yesterday was the first jackpot of the year. We had a lot of time off and it showed. I ran Shiner first. AS you know, the end of December I took him to the vet and had some work on him. It has proven to do him well, but he and I were off as a team. He had done so well in the practice pen I rode him as if that's where we were at. That wasn't good. This was a bigger pattern and he just didn't set very well. The good news is he didn't really fight me to stop and turn. So, all we need is some practice. Iplan to get some exhibitions for the next barrel race. I am sure that will help us make a really nice run!
Badger had a nice run, he just didn't clock like I wanted. He was at least a 1/2 second off. He also seemed to get hung up on the back of the 2nd and 3rd barrel. I'll assume it is because he has been off and as a team we have not practiced. TIme will tell....I sure hope it's not some sort of issue. Praying that we just need to get in tune with each other again.
The good news is even though we didn't do that well, we still came home with a check. God is good! Badger won some 3D money. Shiner was just out of the money in the 5D. (Like I said, not really a great run for either.)
The cold weather has arrived again today. The cold front this morning brought in dreary weather, rain and colder temps. The next few days will be much cooler with highs in the lower 50s and lows in low 30s (29 Tues. night). The cold and dreary weather makes us a little cranky. We so enjoy the sun. It is such a relief during the winter. Fortunatley, most days in Texas are sunny!
We did make it to church, but we really didn't do anything else today other than hibernate.
That's it for now. TIme to get back to Shelby and get ready to put her down for the night.
Have a blessed week!
Sunday, January 9, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment