Friday, March 14, 2008

March 14, 2008 - A 2 Legged Child

For those of you that know us know our animals have been our 4 legged children. We have made a life with our animals and have enjoyed every bit of it and will continue to love them as our 'children.' However, we are excited and proud to announce that we will be having our first 2 legged child in the fall (due date is October 10, 2008). LOL It has been VERY hard keeping it underwraps, but we have done fairly well not telling everyone. It has been a hard 5 or so weeks, but we made it! It has been hard because I have had to lie to people I love. Yes, white lies, but I'm not a liar so that has really worn on my heart. It is good to be in the open and to feel the love and joy that everyone is feeling when a new life is waiting to be seen.



We had been trying for about 6 months when January rolled around. I began running barrels on Badger and I was doing VERY well. I was winning the Novice class and running in the 2D on Ryan's "Ranch Horse." I told Ryan I didn't want a November, December or January baby so I was ready to stop trying for a few months...and was hoping to put it off til August so I could finish out the barrel season. My goal: to win a saddle...God's goal: to bless us with a child...At first it was a bit overwhelming, but there is always next year. That is what is so awesome about this sport! I am not competing this year and riding very little. It's been an adjustment, but the end result will be worth all of this lack of movement. Luckily, the baby has sucked a lot of my energy and so I haven't had the energy to ride like I normally do. I wasn't really sick. I just felt a little 'blah' for several weeks. I'm coming out of it and I'm starting to have more energy. That is good! I have lots to do over the next few months to prepare for our new arrival.



Yesterday, we went to our 10 week doctor appointment. It was too cool. Our little "jelly bean" (as Kathy at the doctor's office says) is growing so quickly. At our 7 week appointment the baby was barely a dot with a beating heart. This time we got to his the baby's legs kicking and arms moving around. If that is any indication of the baby's energy level we're in trouble! HA! Needless to say it was AWESOME. Everyone talks about when you see the heart beat and how cool it was. Yes, that was neat, but seeing those little legs moving was priceless! We go back in another 3 weeks. Hopefully we'll get to see the baby again.



On a side note, please pray for my doctor, Dr. Giammarco. He has cancer and will be going through a lot over the next 6 months. He has to bring his immune system down to nothing so he can have stem cell transplant. He is an amazing doctor and man. He comes in singing or humming and will do anything that makes you feel comfortable. As many of you know, cancer has touched my life more than I would like but you can't change that without prayers. So, please pray for him. Pray for his family. He truly is my favorite doctors of all time. I will miss going through this exciting part of our lives with him, but I wish to have him back fully recovered and humming again! God hears all of us!



Well, I guess I should go. There is just so much to share. Stay tuned to my BLOG. I plan to write more as new and exciting things happen with our lives and with the baby. I will also add pictures, videos, etc. as they come about. God Bless!

Stacie & Ryan

No comments: