I am excited to say Shiner and I are in 2nd place for the Open 5D in GCBRA. We are two points behind the leaders (they are tied for first). I have 6 runs left before the end of the year. So, my hope is to time things right and cruise into the lead. I would love to have the opportunity to win another saddle. Time will tell...
Shiner has been a little off all summer. It wasn't real noticeable until August where he began to lose more weight and just looked run down. So, I started him on some red cell and then took him in for some blood work last weekend. His blood count was low, but the count was improving. So, we'll keep him on the red cell indenfinately. I hope to see improvements and have him looking better by the fair at the end of Sept. This heat has proven to be very hard on him.
Speaking of, the fair will be busy for us and our horses. I am riding Badger on the drill team and Twister and Shiner will be partners with two other girls. We are blessed to have three horses that can do the routine and help others out when they are in need.
We'll also be competing. Badger and me on barrels, Ryan and Badger in the ranch rodeo and Ryan and Twiter (I think) in team roping. Always a lot of fun!
Shelby and I are enjoying our day off. We hope to do something, but not sure what to do on this holiday. So, we'll see.
Monday, September 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment