Thursday, September 2, 2010

Labor Day

I am sad to see the summer come to a close as well as the long, sunny days.  However, I am looking forward to a long weekend.  These last two weeks of work have been very challenging.  So has getting used to working again. 

Shelby has been so much fun. I love this age.  She is learning piles of new words everyday and it's fun to listen to her mimick us.  I also love to hear her use the words she learns correctly.

Some of her new words are "easy" (we say that to the horses a lot), "ready, set, go" while riding or walking - which means she wants the horse to faster or she wants you to chase her, "I hungry", "More Please" (while signing the word 'more', "Thank You", "Milk", "Baby", and "cereal" (while signing the word 'cereal')

Her love for horses grows daily and I'm LOVING it. :) Last Friday, we were going to the George Ranch to ride. I was getting her ready inside and said "let's go ride" so she got all excited and kept saying "Ride, Ride, Ride"....as she excitedly walked outside.  We walked to the truck and trailer and she took a small detour to the trailer and looked inside to be sure the horses were loaded.  :)  Then she was good and ready to go.

She has a very tender heart and loves to take care of her 'babies' (her stuffed animals as well as her little animal blankets) by telling them night and covering them with her blankets.  She also shares her drinks with them as well as 'snacks'.  (another fav word of hers)

This weekend we plan to hang out around the house as well as go visit some friends on the river.  We are still working out the details. I hope to ride MOnday night with some friends, but will see how the weekend goes.

Have a blessed weekend!

No comments: