I can't believe it's been a month since I've last posted on this blog. It seems life gets busier and busier and flies by faster each year. Oh, how I miss the days of when I thought summer would never end so I could see my friends again. Now, I long for the days of summer to get here so I can spend them quietly at home with Shelby, Ryan and the horses.
Last week was a VERY busy week for me. I went to Austin Tues - Friday for a technology conference in Austin, TX. It was my VERY first time leaving Shelby for more than just the day. I've never been without her at night. I was very proud of myself on how well I did and how refreshing it was to take that break from reality, even though it was a working break. Luckily for me, TCEA (the conference I attended) is extremely busy. You start your day with an 8 or 9 AM class and go til late into the evening between classes, vendors, and vendor activities after the classes are done.
I always have fun in Austin. It is like the NFR of Texas technology and the night life is just as fun. It's like a big reunion for all us geeks. hahaha....
I then came home (trying to control my speed) to Shelby running and hugging, and hugging and hugging me....I love that! She was glued to me the rest of the weekend.
Saturday Shelby and I went to a barrel race. She was so cute on how she LOVES to play with the other kids and look at all the pretty jewelry they sell. She is addicted to pretty and shiny things. Something that never really interested me, so it's fun seeing her own personality coming out so strongly. So many people love seeing her and spending time with her at the races. It's like a big party for Shelby. Putting her down for a nap can be a challenge because she doesn't want to miss out on anything. Luckily, I was able to get her down for a nap after much struggle about 20 or so minutes before I had to run. Phew!
Badger did really well. In fact, he was at the bottom of the 1D again with tough competition. So, hopefully we'll get some points since we didn't get any money. I put him on some herbs made by Silver Lining Herbs and I have seen such a difference with him. This new one I put him on a few weeks ago has helped him to stay much more focused and he is really running hard. He also seems to have more control of his legs and how he tracks, which helps tremendously with barrel racing.
Ryan went hog hunting for the first time on his own on Saturday as well. He was sooooo excited to have killed his first hog with his own dogs. Our 'puppies', who are about 70 lbs each now, did an awesome job hunting and were very successful. Ryan was so proud of his boys and their natural instinct. Here are a picture of him and the hog they killed.
Sunday, Shelby and I went to church and then we had another barrel race in Rosenberg. This time Ryan was able to join us. The first time I ran Badger the timer didn't work. So, they offered me a re-run. I wasn't going to take it because I had ran him on Saturday and then again on Sunday. Also, there wasn't much recovery time for Badger since I ran towards the end of the race. I also had not been on him that much since I was out of town all week. Anyhow, a friend of mine suggested asking if I could run after the seniors and youth. They let me, so I decided to go ahead and run again. It paid off! Badger was 4th in the 1D! He was the 4th fastest time of the day! The winning time was a 15.7, then there were two 15.8 and then Badger ran a 15.9. Woohoo! So proud of my boy!
We then ate a celebratory dinner at a local mexican restaurant and came home. Then it was back to being a mommy with giving Shelby a bath and getting her settled down for the night. A good way to spend a weekend!
Monday, February 14, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment