Tuesday, February 22, 2011

1 down, 2 to go

We sold a horse this past weekend.  We have two more for sale so we hope to sell them in the future as well.  One horse, Romeo, will need surgery before we can sell him.  He is a stud and his 'goods' never dropped so we have to have surgery to go in there and get them out.  I've been calling various vets to get the cost and will plan to do the surgery in the next couple of weeks, but probably over spring break since I'll be off.  So far Texas A&M has the best price.  A 2 hr drive, but worth it to save so much.

This past weekend was not a good barrel racing weekend.  The ground was weird (sticky) and so Badger couldn't work as well as he wanted to.  We had an ok time Saturday and hit Sunday.  LOTS of people hit the same barrel. I know, because i volunteered to pick up that barrel and got little time to sit.  So, something was definately weird about the ground.

This weekend is our big Rodeo Sweetheart fundraiser barrel race.  I'm already getting pre-entries so I expect it to be a big race.  We have a $1,000 added so that will definately help!

Shelby continues to grow and talk and talk and talk....it is so fun watching her learn and remember so much.  She is remembering songs and where she puts things. It's so cool!

Well, time to go to work!

No comments: