Monday, April 18, 2011

Nothing New...

There has not been a whole lot going on these last few weeks.  We've been busy with normal life, but not anything too exciting.

Our garden is slowly growing.  I am thankful nothing has (knock on wood) died.  We have everything planted now...three rows of corn, 1/2 a row of cucumbers, a row of beans, 1/2 row of dill weed and cilantro, 17 tomato plants, 1/2 a row of squash, watermelon, jalepenos, and bell peppers...oh and some onions...I think that is everything.

We have not seen rain in MONTHS and it is showing.  The ground is cracking and the grass is crackling.  We are getting pretty desperate for rain and still none planned for at least another 10 days.  Not good!!!  We've even started letting the horses come out by the house and front yard just to give them some more grass.

This week we are looking forward to a visit from Dick and Nancy.  We have lots of fun things planned including a crawfish boil, some shopping for Easter, an Easter dinner, riding horses and who knows what else.  We are all looking forward to the visit.

I guess that is it.  I have some work to do, so I guess I will go...

No comments: