We had a very busy and fun Easter weekend. Ryan’s parents flew in on Wednesday night. They hung out with Shelby on Thursday while Ryan and I worked. That evening Nancy and I went to a birthday party for one of Shelby’s friends. It was fun eating hamburgers, hot dogs, and cake while visiting with some friends and watching the little ones play.
Friday afternoon I went to Wharton to get my hair cut/highlighted and then donated blood afterwards while the other Boudries hung around the house, worked on the garden as well as some other miscellaneous stuff to get ready for our crawfish boil. That evening we had some church friends over and everyone enjoyed a lot of crawfish and a little dessert and taco soup. We had so much fun visiting, going for ‘pony rides’ and singing with Amy’s guitar. What a special night!
Saturday was shopping day for Nancy and me. We got a really late start because I woke up with a TERRIBLE migraine. I couldn’t function most of the morning and finally found relief with Ryan adjusting my back and some migraine medicine. Enough, anyhow, to go to our neighbor’s who is a chiropractor. She adjusted my neck and said it was REALLY bad. I was still sore most of the day, but did find relief as the day went on. Nancy and I had to go shopping because I still needed Easter things and clothes. We also went to the Sears outlet to find a washing machine since mine was leaking. My original (whirlpool) washing machine was at least 20+ years old. So, it had done its time. I have had a lot of good luck with Kenmore so I decided to buy a Kenmore this time. So far, so good!
Sunday was Easter, so we were up early to go to church for a continental breakfast and Easter egg hunt before service. That was a lot of fun and we enjoyed the message Pastor Dave shared with us. Afterwards we went home so Shelby could nap and then came back to town to eat out at Saltgrass Steakhouse. (Yummy!)
Monday was more low key. I was pretty worn out from all our activities and was ready to sit home. So that’s just what I did. Nancy and I were able to go for a nice ride in the back pasture. We just walked and talked. It was so nice just to relax and enjoy the horses. I haven’t had much time for them lately. Afterwards, we played with Shelby and cleaned up the house until nap time When Shelby went down for a nap it was time for me to clean up and get ready for our photo shoot. My friend is a photographer so we had her come out to take pictures of all of us. We had not had professional pictures of Shelby taken or any family pictures taken so we thought this would be a good time to do it. The pictures are AWESOME and I’m so excited to get them printed and hung. I sure hope I can find the time to do it soon.
So, that was our weekend in a nutshell. It was busy as it always is when Dick and Nancy come to town, but a nice weekend with family.
Here are some of my favorite pictures from our photoshoot.
Tuesday, April 26, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










No comments:
Post a Comment