Friday, August 5, 2011

New Job

I started my 'new' job this week.  I am learning to get used to the 'cubicle' world.  It is very different, but it is getting better each day.  I have adopted another group as my room is not set up.  They had the wrong parts for the cubicles so we are waiting for the right parts to come in.

The hardest part is adjusting to my new hours. I work til 4:30 instead of 3:45.  To most it is not a big deal, but to the day care it is.  So, I have to rush out of here to get Shelby.  It is 45- 1 hr drive depending on traffic and where I am at when I get off work.  I travel a lot throughout the day, so that takes some getting used to as well. 

My new job will require me to go to various campuses to train teachers or assist them with integrating technology.  I'll also have more time to create content, research and some other important components of a "Educational Technology Specialist".  I will miss working with the kids consistantly, but I'm looking forward to change as well.

All in all, I'm really enjoying the new job and I'm thankful for that!

Other than me being back to work, we are dealing with SUPER HOT TEMPERATUERS.  Ugh....It has been a very hot summer and this week it is in the 100s everyday.  That's w/o heat index.  So, I'm officially ready for cooler temps.  Unfortuantely I have at least a month before that happens.

No comments: