I made it safely to and from Calgary, Alberta Canada for "The Summit" which was hosted by SMART Technologies (www.smarttech.com). What an amazing week of meeting new friends and learning new information. Sunday I arrived around 2:30 and greeted by one of SMART's own, Laura. She then took us via bus to the hotel. We met at 6 pm for dinner and an introduction from a few of the SMART peeps. Afterwards we had the opportunity to watch a movie as a group or go out on our own. Since it was the last day of the Calgary Stampede (the world's biggest outdoor show), I opted for #2. I then rounded up a couple of more people (Ann and Joe) to join me in the Stampede adventure. I had missed the rodeo, but was still able to make it there for the chuck wagon races and the big show. I new friends quickly learned how much of a rodeo fan I am and how much I was in my own element. So we wondered around and then went in to watch the chuck wagon races and "Volte" the big show (much like Circus Du Soleil). WOW WOW WOW is all I can say!
We bought standing room only tickets, but then wondered off into the seats to find some open seats. We got front and center for most of the show. We REALLY lucked out!
Monday we started bright and early - 7 AM to get together for breakfast and get started on our training. We spent the day learning and sharing as we did for most of the week. I got so much information and I can't wait to put it to good use.
Monday evening was a freebie, so some of us gals went out to dinner. After dinner 3 of us took the train to downtown Calgary. It was around 9 pm and the town was very quiet, but we kept walking. We then stumbled upon the stree that had several restuarants as well as ~10 of the other people from my group which included a few from other countries. We had a lot of laughs on the "All You Can Eat Bologna" as the guys from Madrid and Paris tried it for the first time. We tried to warn them!
Tuesday evening we went to a local bar for the "80s Hair Band" - "Boy Toyz". They played some awesome 80s music and our group had a lot of fun hanging out! I also learned how potent Canadian beer is. Yickes!
Wednesday we had a Murder Mystery. That was A LOT of fun and we laughed a lot with all their silly antics!
Thursday evening we went to a Wild West Show just outside of Clagary. They do something similar to what we do at the George Ranch only at a smaller scale. We were also given a white cowboy hat and named "honorary Calgarians".
Friday we went to Banff and enjoyed the beautiful scenery of the mountains and enjoyed some shopping.
Friday evening we went to a Piano Bar and enjoyed our last evening together as a group. I also tried a new drink Tuaco and 7 Up. It was very yummy!
No comments:
Post a Comment