To all you pranksters...I hope you are enjoying your April Fool's Day. This is also Connie & Jason's (sister and brother-in-law) wedding anniversary. I don't know how many years, but I think it's been 13. I still remember their wedding day when the pastor asked for anyone to who objects (sp?) to this couple getting married and all the groomsmen raised their hands. That sure got a chuckle from everyone attending the traditional Lutheran wedding!
It is hard to believe Ryan and I will be celebrating our 5th wedding anniversaryn this December. Where does the time go? My plans were to go back to the NFR for our 5 yr and get married by Elvis....hahahaha...not sure if Ryan would've went for that. Anyhow, we will have a newborn and I'm in a wedding on December 6th. So, maybe next year! :)
We were able to buy 2 more stalls from our friend, Eloy. Now we have 7 stalls. I always dreamed of having a barn full of stalls and horses growing up. Look at me now! Now, I'm trying to sell some of them. In fact, today, we take Blaze for a vet check. If all goes well he'll have a new home. If not, we will have wasted another 1/2 day of work and about $50 in diesel. So, I'm trying to be optomistic and know all will go well and Blaze will go to a REALLY good home. I am sad and excited all in one. I get very attached to my animals and I have had Blaze for almost 5 years now. He's been a good horse. We just don't need 5 horses.
I also just found out there is a barrel race in May that's giving away Circly Y saddles to each division winner. Man, I want a new circle Y saddle so bad I can taste it! Oh well...it's a good thing I have Ryan to tell me there is no where in H-E_ double hockey sticks I'm going to be running barrels. He tells me there is always next year...that is true. So, next year I'll just buy myself a saddle! HAAHAHA!!! I still will try to win one. There is nothing that feels better than a year's worth of work put into winning a saddle and being able to throw it on your horse and think "Yup, we won that!"
Well that's it for now. Hopefully I'll have good news and Blaze will have a new home. Then, I can start working on selling Mito. We'll be down to three of our own horses. Much more realistic for us and our pocket book!
God Bless!
Tuesday, April 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment