Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Counting Down...

This is my last week off, even though I'm working 2 days for district training and I'm offically back to work on Friday. Wow did this time go by fast. I can't believe i won't be spending everyday or most days with Shelby. I'm going to miss those times.

Shelby is finally starting to try and crawl. She likes standing better, but she is starting to get on her hands and knees. She tries, but gives up very quickly with frustration. I usually let her fuss it out for a little bit or I encourage her by showing her how to make her hands and feet go forward. I have a feeling she will crawl for a little while and then off to running she will go. I'm not sure if I'm ready for that or if I have the energy for it. haha...I guess I have no choice.

Cowgirl, our two year old mare, is coming along very nicely. I rode her for the 2nd time the other night and she did an AWESOME job. She is so smart and listens. I already have her trotting around the round pen. I hope to ride her a few more times in there before venturing off into the arenas with her. I think she is going to be SUPER easy to train and hope to get her up and running before long. She is for sale, but we are really tempted to keep her as a brood mare. She is so smart and caddy. I'd love to breed her to a Frenchman's Guy stud horse. We have a couple in this area. I have heard and seen the results of this blood line and would love to have one of our own. I would hope she'd throw a filly so we could keep that filly and breed her down the road. Frenchmans Guy (the stud horse) is getting old and I wouldn't want to lose out on that bloodline.

Well, that's it. I am in the process of downloading iTunes to my computer. I hope to sync my iPhone with my computer to download some pics and video I have taken of Shelby. If I get it uploaded to the Internet I'll be sure to let you know.

No comments: