Thursday, August 6, 2009

Stuff

Is it really Thursday already? Do I really start back to work full time next week? Is it really August? Wow, where does the time go? It seems to fly now that Shelby is here.

This week, like any other, has been busy. It seems a blur…I couldn’t even tell you what all I did this week. I just know it involved Shelby and the horses and one point or another. J

Oh, I just remembered a big accomplishment! I finally got a chance to ride Cowgirl, our 2 YO mare. She did GREAT to say the least and I was so proud of her. We had a friend come over and pony her while I rode her in the round pen and then in the big pasture. She did very well, so I got on her again last night without anyone and we just walked around the round pen. She’s still figuring everything out, but she’s doing great! It will be good to get some time on her and then get her sold by the first of next year….God Willing!

Last night we went to Sandy’s to work our horses. Smoke, the bay horse we got from our sponsors, is working really well for Ryan. He knows a lot and that makes it nice for us. I’m not sure what Ryan has planned for him, but it sure is nice watching him work. He is only 4 and already knows so much. I also worked Shiner and Badger – they both did well. Badger has been getting a bit of an attitude the last couple of weeks so I was glad to see he’s getting over himself and getting back to business! After last Saturday’s run I was NOT happy with him. He did HORRIBLE…almost embarrassing…but at least it was a clean run and got me some more points in the Novice…I’m currently in first and I’m going to do whatever it takes to stay there. I REALLY REALLY want that Novice saddle at the end of the year. We both deserve it!

I also ran Shiner, Ryan’s Mom’s horse last weekend. We didn’t do too badly for our first time out. I watched the video to see how it looked. I can see he has a lot of room to add speed, but I’m happy with his run. He was in the 4D, just out of the money. Not bad for a first time. I have attached it so Nancy and Dick could check it out and see how her ‘baby’ is doing.

Shelby continues to grow and learn. She has learned how to clap her hands and I have learned how to clap my hands on her command…hahaha…She loves to talk (babble) and sing (more babbling). She also likes to ‘kick back’ in her stroller and car seat. She will put her feet up on the sides of the stroller and lay back. It’s really funny. She has not begun to crawl yet, but she loves to pull herself up and stand every chance she gets. Her latest thing is standing in her crib. She will sometimes wave to us when we come in with her little grin. It is so cute. I have a feeling she will not crawl very much if at all before she starts to walk. I’m not sure if I’m ready for that just yet. She is going to be VERY active, just like her Daddy was when he was young. She is also full of funny faces. I have taken several new pics, but with my iphone. So, now I need to take the time to sync it with my computer so I can download the pics and then upload to my blog page. If you have facebook you can look me up on there and go to my ‘mobile uploads’ to see funny pics. I will also add new videos of her sometime in the near future.

I can’t believe she is going to be10 months old. Wow! Just a year ago I was very pregnant and trying to figure out how to maneuver around stuff and not run into walls and doors with my belly. Haha…

Well I’m writing this Wednesday night as I work on Thursday, so I guess I better log off , brush out my wet hair, iron my clothes and get my butt to bed. It’s time to adjust to getting up early. I have enjoyed sleeping in til 7:30 or 8:30 and will miss that! Iwill also miss the extra time I have for myself at night after Shelby goes to bed. It will be shortened with me going back to work. L

Have a safe weekend! I don’t have any barrel races this weekend and I’m looking forward to the break. I’m not sure what we’ll do though….it’s been a while since we had a weekend off. J





No comments: