Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Fun Times

Tonight we had practice with the Rodeo Sweethearts.  We had an exciting event I had to share.  One of the girls had a her horse spook and get out a little from underneath her.  Enough to make her lose her balance a little while carrying the flag.  She tried to catch her balance, but wasn't able to and ended up bailing off.  In the meantime, the flag is still in the boot and dragging next to her horse.  It is FREAKING her horse out.  Poor thing!  Well the horse goes flying around the arena, desperate for help.  I stay on Badger as the horse comes flying by and Badger freaks and quickly scoots to the left...I mean QUICKLY....I grab the horn and about lose my seat.  The horse with the flag turns around and comes running by us again (with flag dragging on the ground) and that's when Badger bucks.  SOmehow, he got me over the front horn and I'm sitting on his shoulders in FRONT of the saddle.  I grab both reins and say a quick prayer that he won't turn one way or the other quickly cause i would've been off.  I then was able to stop him and bounce back over the saddle.

My lesson?  The importance of riding in a saddle that fits you.  :)  I was in Ryan's saddle....

Luckily, the girl that fell of is ok and just had a scrape on the back of her head.  Her ride was WAY more eventful than mine.

I am going to enjoy the last two days with Shelby and then I'm back full time on Monday.  :(

This weekend I have a barrel race and after how quick Badger was I am looking forward to running him.  He felt great!

No comments: