Friday, August 6, 2010

Nothing New

The summer is winding down as we get up for a new school year and cooler temps.

This week I took Badger to Bryan, TX to a vet that specializes in lameness. He has been off in the backend and so we decided to have him looked at. So i drove the two hours north.

The vet could tell he was lame and did some X-rays to find his hock is fusing and causing him some pain. Not the greatest news, but it wasn't terrible news. So we need to give him bute daily and batamine when we compete on him. Eventually his hocks will fuse and the pain will go away. It may take him awhile.

So I load the horses with my plan to go to the George Ranch for practice i go to crank my truck up and it just clicks. I go back inside to ask for a jump. I was hoping that would work. It didn't. Long story, short - one of the guys, Matt, took out my batteries. Mrs.Honnas, the vets wife, took me to auto zone and then o'reilley where they said it would be $ 240 to replace two batteries that were ~3 years old and had an 8 year warranty. I asked why they weren't prorating the batteries. They talked some more and then didn't charge me anything. Praise God!

So now it is 5:15, 2 hrs since i discovered my batteries were dead. I drove back to Richmond to meet with the girls to ride at 7:30. A long day, but a good way to show how great and helpful people are in the horse world!!!

The rest of the week has been less exciting which was good. :-)

Ryan has been very busy with his work. It is wonderful to not have the rent house mortgage to pay anymore! I know he is thankful to have some
Money leftover after he deposits his checks. :-).

He is going to a ranch rodeo on Saturday. I wish I could go, but it is in the evening and so I have to stay with Shelby.

That's it for now. Writing on my iPhone hurts my wrist.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: