The tree is up, the presents are wrapped....it's time for Santa to come! This is the first time in a really long time that I got off a week before Christmas. I'm not sure what to do with myself. I'm anxiously waiting for Christmas so Shelby can open her presents. Ok, I'm anxious to open mine too! Nancy sent her presents in November and other presents are arriving this week. I sent the packages I needed to last week and I'm sending out the last couple of Christmas cards out today.
Last night was fun as we were able to Skype with both families. It is nice to watch my nephews grow and see them a little more often than the few times I get to go home and visit. Then Shelby enjoyed singing her songs with Grandma Boudrie. I definately need an HD webcam. The image of Nancy was crystal clear. It was just like watching tv!!!
This year will be very quiet compared to last year and our 9 guests. I'm a little sad to know it will be back to our normal quiet Christmas. That is ok though...we'll enjoy it all the same.
Today I take Shiner and Badger to the vet in Bryan, TX, about two hours away. He's a great vet for leg issues, so it is definately worth the drive. He's also much more affordable than the local vets that work with leg issues. Badger will be just a check up. I'm going to get an xray of his hock to see if it's fusing anymore since he was there last July. He's been doing really well and gets faster and faster, so I am anxious to see what the xrays show. Shiner will get some work done on him. His hocks are sore and that's causing his back to be sore. So, we'll get xrays of his hocks to see if injections will fix the problem or if we need to do something else. I'm assuming injections will fix his problem. If time allows, I may have them xray his front knee as we believe there may be an old bone spur there from his race track days. If all goes well, I'll have two VERY fast horses this coming year. I'm very anxious to start the 2011 season as I feel it's going to be a good one!
Tuesday I'm joining some work friends for a fun lunch. One of our friends got married and moved out of state, so we are all going to get together and visit with her. Wednesday I'm meeting some more work friends at one of their houses just to hang out and enjoy each other's company.
The rest of the week I'll probably spend around the house cleaning and riding horses. I've been getting up before dawn so I can get out there and ride before Shelby gets up. That works well for me. I get that chore out of the way and then I can enjoy the rest of my day doing whatever needs to get done,.
Our blue roan mare, Punk, needs a lot of work and I really hope to accomplish it over the break. She is a very nervous horse and I need to get her past that so I can get a better handle on her. We have her for sale so hopefully this extra time will make her more appealing to the buyer. She is gorgeous to look at, she is just too green for most people. I'm also trying to get my sorrel mare, Cowgirl, going on the barrels a little more. She is settling down (finally) and is ready to start loping the pattern and working herself into a job of some sort. She is going to be REALLY nice and I'm anxious to watch her mature. I do have her for sale as well, but have gotten no bites. I'm not all that sad about it though. I really do like her, but if I find a buyer I'll sell her. We just have too many!
I guess that's it for now. I'm going to eat some breakfast and then go feed. My friend is picking me up at 9 to head out to Bryan.
God Bless!
Monday, December 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment