With December came the cold....It's not as bad as a year ago when we got our snow, but the cold front has arrived and it's been dipping into the 30s at night. I'm not a big fan of cold, but at least it's temporary. Hopefully it will be perfect weather for my two week vacation coming up. I can't wait! I need to get a big start on our blue roan mare. She is very green and needs some miles put on her as well as some tuning up. I also want to work my sorrel mare to get going better with how she moves. She is learning to settle down and put her head down at a resting position which makes me very happy. She is relaxing and getting more comfortable with what I"m asking of her.
Not a whole lot has been happening here. I've been busy shopping for Christmas and trying to keep our house under control. It seems like I look a way for a moment and our house has stuff laying every where! Kids sure know how to take over a house, don't they? :)
Work is settling down. I'm able to get back into working with the kids in the lab, which is what i love doing. So, that has been great! THe first few months were tough and I'm glad to see them pass by so I can get back to the part of my job I enjoy doing.
Barrel racing has taken a break. I miss it! It has been 2 weeks. That is just too long for this addict! HA! I do plan to go to Brenham this weekend for a barrel race. They have a $1,000 added and giving away buckles. I hope to win some cash to put towards the 2011 fees. I plan to run NBHA and GCBRA, so we'll see.
I took our grey horse, Shiner, to a friend's house to be looked at. She has a thermographic gun that senses heat, which shows us where he's sore. He's in pretty rough shape. He is sore in both hocks, left stifle, his back needs chiropractic work, and he has a minor issue in his knee with what we suspect to be a bone spur. So, he'll be going to the vet over christmaas break to get some injections and some other work. One tough horse! He has been competing at a mediocre level. Most horses would've been running up the fence, fighting me, etc. Not him! I'm super anxious to get him feeling good again and then I better hold on! :) I hope to move into the 1D once he starts realizing he's not hurting. If he does, we might hit some CPRA rodeos. Time will tell though.
Ryan has been staying busy in December, which is great! Usually his work slows down quite a bit. We are thankful for the work!
Shelby continues to grow and talk....a lot. She is definataely a chatter box and steals the hearts of everyone that meets her. Her two favorite phrases are "Stop It!" and "Come here" as well as full sentences letting us know what she wants or how she feels. Last night I had so much fun playing with her and tickling her. Her giggle makes my day! I could listen to it all day long.
I have begun some more effort with the potty training. On SUnday, she told me two different times she had to go potty. So, we went in there and sure enough she went potty both times. She was thrilled to get a sucker for her efforts. :) I bought some M&Ms and Skittles yesterday as reinforcers.
Happy Holidays!!!
Tuesday, December 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment