Sunday, June 13, 2010

New Challenges

I am up early listening to Pastor Joel Osteen. I love when God's word speaks so clearly to me. Today's message is about God's timing and how it may not be our timing.

I also received something on Facebook called Mobile Ministries. That message today was same. (Yes God I hear you!)

I have had a hard time at times having faith that God will provide for us during these hard times. Yet, he continues to open financial doors for us and continues to support us each month.

I was sad to work so much this summer because I so wannted to be with Shelby this summer.

I only had to work 8 or so days this summer. Then I picked up another summer job writing curriculum for the district. That filled up all of June except Fridays. That changed because all of us couldn't get together. Instead we were to work on our own with set deadlines. That opened up a lot of days for Shelby and I to be together. :-) I waittil she goes to bed and then I am able to work. (2 birds, 1 stone)

Just this past week my faith began to waivor a little. I had to do a lot of praying and reminding myself God would provide us with the extra money to pay our rent house mortgage.

Yesterday we got the confirmation that I would be having an outside horse coming in for me to break. Yet another form of income that barely effects my time w/Shelby.

Finally, Ryan's job has prolly tripled in size over th last few months. During a time of recession Ryan's job triples in size. Amazing? Nope - God is providing. (God is determined to break these chains of financial fear for me!)

I tell you all of this so you can think about what God has done for you. Sometimes things may not happen the way we want, but that is because God has the right door for you to walk through you just have to wait for the timing. God doesn't want mediocre for his children. He wants the very best. Our family is waiting for the very best and depending on Him to provide it in His timing.

I have been told to just dump the house even if it is at a loss. I would if that is what I felt God has layed on my heart. But I don't. I believe God has a plan for us to sell and actually make some sort of profit. So, we wait. We walk to the open door, but pray if it is the wrong door that it be closed and locked so it is real clear what we are to do.

We look forward to walking through that door while looking back and giving God all the glory!

As you go through this week remember to rejoice and be thankful for what you have while giving God all the glory!

No comments: