We haven't had a whole lot going on. We have gotten a lot of rain over the last couple of weeks. I would guess we've gotten 25-30 inches. So much rain for such a short period. So now we wait for everything to dry up. In the meantime, the Mosquitos are growing and eating Shelby and me up. So we head in before the sun goes down. Unfortunately the heat during the day gets to us as well. The heat index has gotten up into the 100 degrees. Very hot and humid as the sun dries up all the mud and puddles.
I am anxious to ride badger on Monday. He is looking great and we are anxious to get out there to chase some cans. I have two weeks to get him in some sort of shape. :-)
Shelby is learning more and more each day. Today she learned out to say home and how to dunk a basketball. A friend of ours gave us a small basketball hoop and nerf ball. She is also learning some sign language and knows how to use it when she wants something. For example she'll sign the word 'more' and say 'help please'. when she wants chocolate. Pretty sure she'd do a back flip too if she could. :-)
She would whine a lot when she wanted something so we had to work on teaching her not to whine and to say help please. She is pretty good at using her words.
Today she was hitting me and wouldn't stop. So Ryan got her on her butt. She cried briefly, which tore my heart out but then I told her it wasn't nice to hit mommy and said some other things thinking she doesn't understand me. I then said 'do you understand?'. She shook her head yes i then told her I loved her and asked for a kiss. Surprisingly she got up and gave me a kiss. Ryan then got a kiss. Amazing how much she understands! Wow!
Well I am typing this on my iPhone and my fingers are hurting so I will write more later.
Saturday, July 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment