It seems I go to the vet more than the grocery store these days! :) I just got done taking Cowgirl to get her teeth done. She was not handling the bit well and I could see it was causing pain, so it was time to take her in and get her teeth done. I hope for this to help. SHe has been doing REALLY well on the barrels so I don't want to slow her progress down.
My hopes is to run her next year in the Novice and see if we can win us a saddle. She has so much speed and talent I really think we have a chance. I also want to take her to HOuston and run her in the AQHA show during Rodeo Houston.
I started running Badger this week. He is so fat and out of shape! I need to exercise him a lot just to get his weight under control. I worked him on the barrels Wednesday. I wasx pretty dissappointed with how he did. I hope it gets better. I am hoping he just thinks it is going to hurt so he is anticipating the pain. We'll see....
I had to take Ginger, the mare I was breaking, back to her owner. SHe had a REALLY bad abscess (another vet visit) and so her owners are going to treat her for about 3 weeks then bring her back to me. I brought home their yearling filly, Bella, to work with in the meantime. She has lots to learn about manners. She is VERY stubborn. I mean STUBBORN. She makes Ginger look like a dream. But, a couple of weeks with the Boudrie's and we'll get it handled. :) Luckily she is small and won't hurt us....at least not too much. haha...just kidding!
I am also getting another mare on Tuesday to break. Her name is Glory and is Easy Jet bred top and bottom. I'm super excited to work with her. Easy Jet bloodlines is my favorite bloodline. So, it will be fun to work with her. I am just breaking her to ride so she'll only be with us a month or two at the most. I need to talk to her owner more about the details.
We get sand today for our round pen. It hasn't gotten really hard with all the rain and lack of use. So, that will be really good. I'll really be able to work a horse in there. I may even mess with Badger to get him on his hind end and turning harder so he knows it won't hurt.
I guess that's all i have time for right now. I'm sitting in the church parking lot with the trailer and need to get back to take care of shelby so ryan can get what he needs to get done.
Friday, July 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment