Monday, March 28, 2011

Badger is 3rd in 1D

I am so proud of Badger! He is currently in the 1D standings for NBHA TX 34. I know most of you, if not all of you, are not barrel racers and probably don't get the whole 1D, 2D, etc thing...just know this is a REALLY big accomplishment for both of us!  I am so, so, so proud of him and honored that he works so hard for me.  :)

1st place has 14 pts, 2nd has 9 and we have 7 points. 

To briefly explain, 1D is the fastest division of the divisions and it's more for the elite horses.  It is a tough place to be, espcially for where we live.  So, I am very, very proud of him. :)

In other horse news, I have begun working Shiner to the left.  He was having some issues and it was getting to be too difficult to change so we changed to a new direction, literally.  Most horses go to the right barrel first and then left, but there are a few that just work better the opposite way.  It is much like a person who is right handed vs. left handed...only the opposite for horses.  There are more left handed horses than right.

Anyhow, I worked him for the first time that way on Saturday and I hope to get some time this week to work him some more before Sunday's race.  If not, it might be interesting! HAHA

Cowgirl, my little mare, is doing well too.  I decided to put a tie down on her Saturday.  I think it will benefit us, but I am not sure yet.  So, we'll see...

Both of these horses (Cowgirl and Shiner) are for sale. I will be sad to see them go.  It may take a while to sell them, though, since times are so tough right now.

Shelby continues to grow everyday and talk even more.  Today I had a good 5 minute conversation with her on the way home from work.  She talked the whole time.  It was very cute!  She so enjoys going on trips. It doesn't matter where...grocery store, friends house, arenas...it's all good as long as it includes a ride in the truck.  haha

No comments: