Shelby and I went to one of my BFF's houses on Friday evening. We ate and hung out and enjoyed good friends til she got tired and we had to go home. I then enjoyed a peaceful evening to myself. On Saturday I had a barrel race in Wharton. I was going to take two horses, but with the funky weather and Shiner was being really squirrely I decided to only run one horse. Badger and I have been missing the first barrel and clocking 2/10ths or so slower than we should. So, I decided to exhibition him. (practice run) The exhibitions did not go well and I was frustrated, but manage to shake it off. I told myself to bad exhibition runs meant one good open run. I was right! Badger and I nailed the first and we had really nice 2nd and 3rd turns. I was thrilled to have such a smooth run. We clocked better than I thought we would. That's how smooth it was! The competition was tough and we still were at the bottom of the 1D. No money, but we are on our A game again. I'll take that!
I was looking on line and found this for NBHA (one of the circuits I run)...and feel pretty good about it. 1D horses are the fastest horses and look where we are sitting! If we hadn't hit the barrel last time, perhaps we would've had even more points....
We'll take it! :)
This week is my last week before Spring Break and I am sooooo ready for it! I'm at the school w/less students so hopefully it won't be too busy. I have some projects planned to do w/the teachers and I'm excited to do that...
Next week will busy with all the things on my 'to do' list and my big sis, Shelly coming to visit me. It's her first time flying and coming to see me in TX! We both are super excited! We are going to go to the Houston Rodeo and hit two barrel races the weekend she is here. Poor girl! She can't wait to play with Shelby and give her all the shoes she found. Shelby and Shelly share a bond with shoes. hehehe....

No comments:
Post a Comment