On Wednesday, I left in the morning to do some shoppign with a co-worker/friend. We went to the mall, enjoyed a good lunch, and then went to Sear's Outlet mall by the Hobby airport in Houston to shop for a dishwasher. Fortunately, I had done a little research and was able to quickly find the one I wanted. The best part was I got it 40% off because of some TINY little dent in the front that I have to look for everytime I try to find it. :)
Finding the dishwasher proved to be the easy part. Our 'easy' switching of dishwashers proved to be a bit more challenging as we discovered we didn't have all the parts and we had to turn the water off to the house for the evening. hahaha...BUT we got it in the next day after some use with a saw and wrenches. We did it ourselves! That's a big deal for Ryan and me.
Shelly, my sister, flew in on Wednesday night to spend the rest of the week with us. We hung out on the house on Thursday during the day, but went to the George Ranch to ride in the evening. Shelly got to ride Badger. She hadn't been on a horse in 20+ years (I think it's been a lot longer, but we couldn't remember). She did a few laps around and then got off for fear of being too sore to enjoy the rest of her vacation. I thought she was smart for doing that. :)
Friday we hung out around the house dealing with the dishwasher issue and then left around 2 pm to go to Rodeo Houston. We had a great time eating good food, looking at all the stuff and then the rodeo and concert in the evening. I hadn't seen Allan Jackson so it was great seeing him in concert.
Saturday and Sunday was a day filled with basking in the sun and a barrel race. My horses worked REALLY well on Saturday! Badger was just out of the money in the 1D. I was soooo proudof him! Shiner was in the middle of the 2D which was great too as he was in the 4D the week before. He took off a second and a half in one week. Impressive!
Sunday, we went to church and then Shelly, Shelby and I headed back to the barrel race to run again. Again, Badger was JUST out of the 1D money. Shiner did well on the 1st and 2nd barrrel, but we had a terrible 3rd barrel and lost way too much time. He would've been at the top of the 1D if it wasn't for that.
Sunday night we rested around the house and chilled out outside watering the garden and playing with the dogs. We then went in and rested while we looked at the pictures from our exciting week together.
This morning, I took Shelly back to the airport. A sad good bye as I miss seeing her and spending time with her. I am so glad she made it down for a visit! I look forward to a visit with her again next year. Ron said he's not missing out next year. hahaha...So, hopefully the two of them will be able to join us for a nice visit next spring.
Shelly took a TON of pictures with her really nice camera as well as some great videos. Here are a few of my favorites.
My horses (left to right - Shiner, Cowgirl, Badger) at the George Ranch on Thursday night.
A view of Rodeo Houston
A view of Houston from top of the Reliant Center (where the Houston Texans play and Rodeo Houston)
The rodeo is getting started at the Reliant Center.
Allan Jackson signing
Ryan & Shelby waiting on Mommy to kick some butt in the arena.
Shelby skyping with Aunt Michelle Boudrie and Grandma Boudrie
Shelly and Shelby - what a great shot!
Shelby looking cute!
Shelby waiting on Mommy to run at the arena.
Showing of her 'cuteness'
1 comment:
Thanks again for a wonderful time, I really enjoyed being with your family and seeing what you do!
I loved my time with Shelby, Comon!! LOL!! And Ryan showing me his dog's and taking me out back trying to Hog hunt :( No Hogs though! Your church is also AWSOME! Thanks again, back to the cold and my boys :)
Post a Comment