Tuesday, December 15, 2009

God's Best

Recently I received an email from my friend, JoLynn.  She had received an email and wanted to share it with me.  I felt it was worth sharing with everyone.  I don't normally talk about God too often other than giving Him the glory.  Everything we (my family) have is because of Him.  I would hope, rather, that my life shows my faith and beliefs.  It is by my walk I hope to make a difference in other's lives.  However, this was so good I thought I'd share.  I have talked with others about God and where is He when something negative or bad happens to us.  I have learned through my church and Bible that He never leaves us.  Then, why do we go through hard times?

I believe this comment really shares how I believe and why I believe tough times happen.

'To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did.'

When God takes something from your grasp, He's not punishing you, but merely opening your hands to receive something better. 'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you

It is all in how you receive the experience.  Instead of focusing on the negative, on the saddness, on the hardship - focus on what you have.  Focus on what God wants you to have.  Let these experiences help you grow and follow a path that God wants you to follow.  And, remember, when the times are tough and you are on the right path God is right there holding your hand. Sometimes it is so hard you have to throw your hands in the air and tell Him it is time for Him to carry you.  Does he not take care of the birds?  If He worries about his wildlife wouldn't He worry about you, His child?

I believe God has a path for us and if we detour it by our own choice then we may not receive what is God’s best. Instead, we settle for what is our best.  I know EVERYTIME I have done what God wants me to do it is so much better, bigger, easier than my simple mind expected.

This brings me back to my saddle.  God KNEW how my heart desired to win the saddle.  He put a strong seed within me and I worked hard to nourish that seed and let it grow.  I worked hard to stay focused and believe I could do all things through Christ who strengthens me.  There were many obstacles in our way.....horses out running us....injuries...a hit barrel or two...many bad runs....all of that made it look impossible.  Everytime I thought "This is impossible!" I would hear God tell me "Don't you know who I am? Have faith of a mustard seed and I will give you the desires of your heart!"  I would talk to Him outloud saying I had that faith and desired for more.  I wanted it all!  I might have teetered a little, but I never waivered from my faith of winning that saddle.  I knew that I knew that I knew He wanted me to have it.  It wasn't just my desires, but HIS desires!

This year, God has taught me so much! If He can give me a saddle, can you imagine what else there is He wants me to have?  He wants us to be debt free...to continue our journey with horses...to be able to visit family more often...to.....you get the idea!  He wants you to have it all!  Don't doubt Him.  Don't insalt him by rolling your eyes at the thought of the 'impossible'.  Instead, believe in Him.  What do YOU have to change to get where you want and need to be?  Are you willing to do what it takes?  God is....

During this holiday season, go with that mustard seed faith.  But, you can't just carry it around.  You have to nourish it.  You have to read your Bible.  You have to get into a good, bible based church.  You have to surround yourself with people of good faith, morals, and life styles!

As January comes around I am starting all over, but this year my faith is stronger and better.  Maybe I'll win two saddles this year!  Better yet, maybe I'll find ways to lower our debt and live a more meaningful life!  Maybe I'll find a way to give more just as God and Christ have given to me - Selflessly with plans of receiving nothing in return!

This may be my last post until the new year.  We are preparing for our 9 guests to arrive starting next Tuesday.  God bless and have a VERY Merry Christmas!

The Boudries

No comments: