Yes, I know, it is only August. But, today is my last day of official summer vacation. I am looking forward to going back to work, but thought of driving so far everyday and paying the diesel makes me wish I had a little more time. The good news is diesel prices are dropping. YES! Just in time! It is down to $4.19 at the Needville gas station I frequent. I am hoping it is cheaper in Wharton as I'll be going there today to buy groceries. The diesel prices were as high as $4.70 for most of the summer, so this is a huge break and it will help us. We were spending anywhere between $600-800 a month...so hopefully this will bring our diesel expense down. I can't imagine if we were to be roping or barrel racing!
Speaking of barrel racing...Badger and I went to three races before I found out I was pregnant and we were in 1st place. Now, 6 months later, we are still in 9th place. Not bad since we haven't been to a race since then. People tell me all the time I won't have time to ride or run barrels after Shelby arrives. But, that doesn't stop me. That makes me drive stronger. I also have Ryan. That says it all....he can't wait for all three of us to go to barrel races. He and Shelby cheering me on. I'm so lucky to have a husband that can't wait to be a dad and to really step up to the plate. He makes me so proud.
I remember my aunt telling me as a kid when you start liking boys you want to ride anymore, when you get into high school you won't want to ride, etc. It never stopped me. I always craved it. Even when I sold my horse to move to Houston I only lasted two years before I moved to the country and bought my first horse, Twister. (I still have him and I doubt he'll every leave this place.) There is just something about a horse. Twister and I went through a lot...heartbreaks, losing Mom, losing Ryan (my nephew), sharing beers, celebrating good times in barrel racing as well as just enjoying life on horseback. It's where I belong and, God willing, where I'll always be. I can't wait to share my love and passion for horses with Shelby. If she has half the drive I have we will see her do great things with horses. And, if she doesn't like horses, then I guess that is more horses for me to ride! See, win/win situation! :)
Good News - It is RAINING...I mean raining...not rain 30 min. then stop. It is raining hard with no thunderstorms. So, this is PERFECT for us. We are so excited! I went for a walk in our back pasture yesterday and the pasture was looking kinda sad. So, I was relieved to see rain this morning when I woke up.
How ironic it rains on my last day of vacation. Hahaha...I guess that means I'll be doing house chores. That is ok. I need to do it anyhow. I don't have many maternity clothes so I need to do laundry so I'm good to go with full time work again.
Tonight is my church baby shower. I'm very excited. It means we're getting that much closer to the arrival of Shelby Lynn (only 8 wks left this Friday). I feel so blessed to have such good people in my life! Most of you know, but we have NO family down here. It's just Ryan and me. It really warms my heart to know that I do have such wonderful friends that treat us like family. Friends that are willing to take time out to host a shower for us and to show us how much they love us. Many thanks to Melanie, Esther and Debbie for hosting the shower. I can't express my gratitude enough but I do want them to know how much I appreciate it. What better way then starting with my blog??!!
Well, it looks like the rain took a break so I'm going to go and feed. I'll be sure to add my pictures from the baby shower once I get a chance to post them. Hopefully in the next day or so. :)
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment