Monday, August 4, 2008

Last Week of Freedom...so to speak

This is my last week before we start school again. Where did the 2 months go? It sure was nice being off and having a chance to relax. This summer has been hot and keeps getting hotter though! I wish we could work in the summer and take our 'summer vacation' another time like early spring or late fall! Then we could do things outside during the day.

The weather has been super hot and dry to say the least. There has been no breeze and the temps are reaching the 100 degree mark. I still don't miss the snow! Ryan and I talked about that yesterday. He says he does. Poor thing...as long as he is married to me I don't forsee us living in the cold climate. You Northerners can have that! I lived it for 23 years and that was enough. Of course...as they always say...never say never...

I have no big plans for this week. I applied to be a "SMART Exemplary Educator" and that entitled me to a free training through SMART Technologies. So, I'm going to that this Wednesday. My friend, Rachel, will be presenting so it will be good to see her as well. She lives in Houston and travels several days during the week so I don't get to see or talk to her very often.

I also have a dr. appt. on Tuesday. It is just the usual appt....check your blood pressure, baby's heartbeat, and how big you've gotten. I'm sure I have put on quite a bit of weight cause Shelby has gotten pretty big this month. 10 more weeks! YES! Ryan and I are both very anxious and ready for her arrival.

We took a pic of me yesterday but I didn't like it so I'll take another one soon to post. This weight gain can be mentally challenging! The other day Ryan told me I had something on my pants in the butt area so I looked back to see what it was and...BAM..."Baby Got Back"...I said "Where did that come from???"...so now I got what I would call a "Getto Booty"...Ryan likes it...I'm not so fond of it.

I do have to do some more maternity clothes shopping. I need some more pants as i only have two pairs for work. I don't like buying pants online cause they tend to be short and I need to try them on.

That's about it. I woke up this morning at 3:30ish and tried to go back to sleep with no luck. So, I'm up writing this, checking my email, facebook, you know the usual stuff to make me sleepy again. If I take Tylenol I can sleep all night, but w/o it I tend to wake up from all the aches and pains I'm experiencing. (I am not sure if I should take Tylenol everyday...probably not...I need to ask my doctor.) It sure is going to be tough going back to work. God Bless all my friends that had to work through their entire pregnancy. I am very happy that I had these couple of months off to rest. It's funny....we can plan and plan...and then when it doesn't go are way we might become frustrated...only to find out that God's plan is ALWAYS better. Having the summer off was definatetly better. I call it my "Last Peaceful Summer"....hehehe....

No comments: