This week has been VERY busy. It is the first week back with the kids and there is a lot going on at work as I try to cram a semester worth of work into 8 weeks.
To start, I had my doctor appointment on Monday. It went fine. I still miss Dr. G. but it is what it is...so I'll suck it up til he comes back. :) My new doctor said Shelby is a little on the small size. My belly is measuring 31 cm and normal is 32-33 cm...so it's not too bad. I've been trying to eat more in hopes that will help her grow more. The doc is vague and that is frustrating...and I'm new at this so I don't know what to ask. My next appointment in 2 weeks he will do an ultra sound and we'll know more then. I'm sure it is nothing to worry about but I am a bit concerned. Then, after that appt I'll start my weekly visits.
I am in the process of getting all my paperwork in for maternity leave. Hopefully that will be completed over the next week so I'll have that lined out. I have 37 days before I get docked in pay. I pray it all works out and I'll be able to work all the way up to her birth and then be back within those 37 working days. If not, then things get complicated. So, we'll see how it goes.
For those of you aren't teachers in Texas....we don't get paid maternity leave. We only get paid the days we save up through our sick and personal days. So, if you don't have enough days you get docked. This is difficult for Ryan and me since we depend so much on my steady income.
Work has been very busy. The teachers are up and running the first week with technology which is SUPER!...This week 3rd grade teachers are using our interactive response system (Senteos) to give their kids their pre-assessment tests. I'm so excited about this! I have two sets and they have been using them all week. Incase you haven't heard of these they are basically little remotes (the kids think they look like cell phones) and they log in with their ID number. They can answer T/F, Yes/No, ABCD, numeric, etc questions. Then, it goes directly to the teachers computer and their stuff is graded instantly. The kids love them, the teachers love them...it is great! Here's a link if you are curious... http://www2.smarttech.com/st/en-US/Products/Senteo/
Today I'm meeting my Rodeo Sweetheart friends for dinner. That should be fun. I am pretty tired, but I'm sure once I eat I'll have more energy and will enjoy all the company. I went to the fairgrounds last night. Ryan and I took 3 horses up there so he could exercise them. They are all fat and out of shape since "momma" hasn't been riding. Anyhow, it was a lot of fun, but too much for me to do in one day. My days are pretty busy...alarm goes off at 5:30, leave the house by 6:40...work til at least 3:45...get home around 5 pm...then, last night, we washed and loaded the horses to go the fairgrounds. We didn't get home til 9 and we still had to feed. I'm just not who I was 8 months ago...I guess I had to learn the hard way.
So, doing all that makes today seem even longer.
We have no plans for Labor Day weekend. It is so hot outside I tend to stay in most of the time and rest. Such a change for me. OH, and tomorrow I'll have 6 weeks left before Shelby's due date. It will be great to have her here with us!
Oh, I almost forgot...I have a friend who is an analyst (fixes my computers, etc) in our district. Anyhow, he and I have chatted back and forth about me being a barrel racer. Well, at some point he learned about El Pacas and made jokes that I rode them on the barrel pattern. It's been quite the joke for some time. Well, today, I got something in our interoffice mail. I wasn't expecting anything and had no idea wht it was...so when I opened it I
laughed out loud! He had created an orgami on yellow paper. One side he put "El Paca" and on the other side he put "Shelby's Farm"....oh man....that made me laugh so hard. I plan to put this story in her baby book and put the orgami in there too. He sure did make my day. It was very hectic and that little break made such a difference!
Well, that's about it for me.
To start, I had my doctor appointment on Monday. It went fine. I still miss Dr. G. but it is what it is...so I'll suck it up til he comes back. :) My new doctor said Shelby is a little on the small size. My belly is measuring 31 cm and normal is 32-33 cm...so it's not too bad. I've been trying to eat more in hopes that will help her grow more. The doc is vague and that is frustrating...and I'm new at this so I don't know what to ask. My next appointment in 2 weeks he will do an ultra sound and we'll know more then. I'm sure it is nothing to worry about but I am a bit concerned. Then, after that appt I'll start my weekly visits.
I am in the process of getting all my paperwork in for maternity leave. Hopefully that will be completed over the next week so I'll have that lined out. I have 37 days before I get docked in pay. I pray it all works out and I'll be able to work all the way up to her birth and then be back within those 37 working days. If not, then things get complicated. So, we'll see how it goes.
For those of you aren't teachers in Texas....we don't get paid maternity leave. We only get paid the days we save up through our sick and personal days. So, if you don't have enough days you get docked. This is difficult for Ryan and me since we depend so much on my steady income.
Work has been very busy. The teachers are up and running the first week with technology which is SUPER!...This week 3rd grade teachers are using our interactive response system (Senteos) to give their kids their pre-assessment tests. I'm so excited about this! I have two sets and they have been using them all week. Incase you haven't heard of these they are basically little remotes (the kids think they look like cell phones) and they log in with their ID number. They can answer T/F, Yes/No, ABCD, numeric, etc questions. Then, it goes directly to the teachers computer and their stuff is graded instantly. The kids love them, the teachers love them...it is great! Here's a link if you are curious... http://www2.smarttech.com/st/en-US/Products/Senteo/
Today I'm meeting my Rodeo Sweetheart friends for dinner. That should be fun. I am pretty tired, but I'm sure once I eat I'll have more energy and will enjoy all the company. I went to the fairgrounds last night. Ryan and I took 3 horses up there so he could exercise them. They are all fat and out of shape since "momma" hasn't been riding. Anyhow, it was a lot of fun, but too much for me to do in one day. My days are pretty busy...alarm goes off at 5:30, leave the house by 6:40...work til at least 3:45...get home around 5 pm...then, last night, we washed and loaded the horses to go the fairgrounds. We didn't get home til 9 and we still had to feed. I'm just not who I was 8 months ago...I guess I had to learn the hard way.
So, doing all that makes today seem even longer.
We have no plans for Labor Day weekend. It is so hot outside I tend to stay in most of the time and rest. Such a change for me. OH, and tomorrow I'll have 6 weeks left before Shelby's due date. It will be great to have her here with us!
Well, that's about it for me.
Until next time...I'll be dreaming of barrel racing! HA
No comments:
Post a Comment