This was a great weekend of barrel racing. I have never been to a WRAPN3 productions and I was impressed on how it was run. Crazy how much barrel racing can take place in 3 short days!
Badger and I did well and we were consistant 16.767 on Saturday and 16.775 on Sunday. We placed 3rd in the Open 3D for a $302 check and then we placed 1st in the 2D Adult incentive for a check of $93 on Saturday. Sunday we placed 2nd in the 2D Adult incentive for a check of $50. So, not a bad weekend.
In barrel racing it gets down to the thousandths of a second...for example...I missed out on an additional $300 by 0.027 of a second. I missed out on another $471 by 0.305 seconds. Amazing isn't it?
Anyway you look at it I can't complain. I came home with money in a very TOUGH barrel race. A lot of the pros were there....including many world champions, futurity and derby champions. Badger was only 7/10 of a second off of some of the toughest competition in the country. So, I was very proud of both of us.
We have decided to get him back into swimming. He needs to lose around 50-75 lbs. I think if he loses that we can be a lot tougher with the competition.
Shelby did great with her first night away from home. She is teething so it made things a little more challenging. She cowgirled up and slept in her play pen where the horses go. We have a walk through door that leads to the horse part of our trailer. I cleaned it out and put Badger in the last stall of the trailer on our way up to the barrel race so Shelby would have a clean place to sleep that night. My friend, Sandy, said that made us official Rodeo Trash! HA
We went to bed like normal (8 PM) on Saturday and slept great til 12 AM. Then she woke up screaming....poor thing...I'm pretty sure she had a belly ache. She would settle down when we would sit her up but as soon as we laid her down she would start to cry again. So, we gave her some tummy medicine and that seemed to be the trick. After about 20 min. she settled down and was keeping us up in our bed so we put her back in her play pen so we could get some rest and she would go to sleep. Ryan said she woke up two more times cause she spit her pacifier out. I never heard it her...other than that she slept til 7:30 AM.
It was also a challenge for us. Wow do you have to pack a lot of things when you are packing up a horse and child! We talked about getting a larger trailer, but priced them and decided we could make ours work. Hopefully it will get easier as we figure out what we need and don't need! I really like these WRAPN3 barrel races so I hope to attend more of them.
Well, time to get back to work so I will write more later...I also will post pics and videos of our weekend sometime soon with details of both.
Monday, April 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow, what an awsome job. Keep going, and who knows, maybe we will be watching you on national television soon.
We love you very much.
Charlene and Dad
Post a Comment