Then, Sunday night around 1 am I woke up very sick. I was up and down the whole night. When morning came I knew there was no way I was going to work. I went to the doctor first thing and she gave me a shot and told me to go back to bed. Yes Ma'am...no problem....I had a virus...Anyhow, so that's what I did. Ryan took care of Shelby, went to work and did a bunch of yard work while I laid in bed, useless.
Monday night it rained and rained and rained in Houston. You may have seen it on the news that we were basically under water. Living so far out we didn't get near the rain and we have the fields and big ditches for the rain to go in. So, we got the rain we needed, but no flooding. But, because of the rain, FBISD (my district) was closed for the day. I was really thankful cause I still didn't feel like a 100% and really needed that day.
Unfortunately Ryan woke up sick on Tuesday. So, he took his turn on the couch/bed while Shelby and I did our business. I dropped her off at the babysitters for a few hours while I ran to town to do the many errands I don't normally get to do such as get my tires rotated, get my ring cleaned, get some stuff at the grocery store and eat out.
When Shelby and I got home Ryan was still sick so we did some stuff around the house and fed the horses. We also washed Twister. By then she had enough of being in her stroller so we went back inside.
Wednesday Ryan and I were both up and running....well, not running, but you know what I mean. Anyhow, it was a pretty normal day. I had TAKS testing and he had his normal work load. Wednesday evening was eventful though! We washed 4 horses and I took Badger for a ride in the pasture. That's when the real adventure happened!
You can click on the pictures to enlarge and see how big this thing was!
Oh, I almost forgot! Ryan was at the vets office earlier in the day. They had a momma cat and 3 kittens that needed a home. So, we decided to bring them home and put them in our barn. Momma cat is a wonderful mom and is VERY protective! She is super friendly, but she will get after the dog and the male cats. LOL She chased our friendly male cat, Fritz, out of our barn twice last night. We are happy to have her and her babies. With the excitement of the snake, I forgot to take pictures of her so I'll try to remember to do that soon. She is a tiger cat with white socks. She has a black kitten, a white and grey kitten and a tiger kitten. They still have their eyes open. I am sure Shelby will enjoy playing with them this summer.
I've also realized it really isn't good to have two animal lovers in the same household. It becomes a zoo! HA!
No comments:
Post a Comment