I was watching GMA this morning and they have a piece called "in three words" I love to watch. Viewers send in videos of them doing something and they have to describe it in three words. Anyhow, this week I've been a little concerned that Shelby is not sitting up on her own yet at 8 months old. She can sit up between my legs for a while and she sits up in her bouncy seat and her stroller, but she can't sit up on her own or without holding on to something to support her.
With that said, on GMA's "In Three Words" there was a video clip of a piece of paper with "Open Heart Surgery" written on it....then they panned up and it was a little baby...maybe two years old...his little chest had stitches all over it. It was at that moment that I realized that it no longer matter that my healthy, little girl was not on target and might be behind with sitting up. But, who cares, she'll get there. I no longer needed to worry. That 8 second clip really put things in perspective and reminded me to not sweat the small stuff.
On a different note, Mom Boudrie flies in this morning. We have a busy day for her! We are going to leave here with horse and trailer in tow around 11 to head to the airport. We'll pick her up, head to La Porte for a barrel race. I had my friend, Suzanne, sign me up early so I can get in and run earlier in the day because we have a wedding this afternoon. We won't make the ceremony but we plan to make the reception. Nancy offered to stay home with Shelby because she thought she'd be pretty tired with the early flight and long, hot day at the barrel race.
I am looking forward to having a date with Ryan. We have had friends watch Shelby for a couple of hours so we could go out to eat, but we haven't had an opportunity to make an evening of it. I believe the music is going to be really good at this wedding and I'm looking forward to doing lots of dancing and a little drinking. :)
Then, Sunday, we have another barrel race in Edna, TX.
The weather has been really hot! It is already in the 100s and it's only June! We usually don't get those temps for another month or so. And, for some reason, I'm being such a wuss about it! I think it's mostly because my eyes are all jacked up from all the dust in the air. I went to the doc yesterday morning and she said it was an infection. So, I have to put eye drops in my eyes 2x a day, take an antibiotic, and take Claritan for the next 5 days. Thursday night I woke up 2x with my eyes completed sealed shut with gunk. I had to get up and put water on them so I could open them up. Last night wasn't as bad. I was able to open them without putting water on them.
Shelby's eyes are leaking too and so we have been keeping an eye on them. So, we have been hanging out inside a lot. Yesterday, both of us started to get a little stir crazy around 4 pm. I had to go back into town to get my prescription so I went to put her in her car seat. LOL She squealed with excitement knowing we were going somewhere. She didn't care...just get her out of the house! HA I thought it was pretty funny.
Oh, I almost forgot, Ryan got a second job. Yea...this will help us a lot as times have been tough the last couple of months. He's going to drive a tractor and shred pastures for the ranch he always hangs out at. It is temporary, but that's ok. The extra money will help us out and we won't have to pay for a babysitter since I'm off of work.
Well, I guess that is it. It might be a little while before I get a chance to write again. With Nancy coming in today and us going to MI after that. So, until next time....I'm off to ride in the dusty trail...literally...it is soooooooooooo dry down here! Lord, bring the rain!
Saturday, June 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment