I have added pictures to Michigan and New Mexico links of my nephew and Ryan's parent's riding on Val Kilmer's ranch in NM.
This weekend was a busy weekend of barrel racing. Saturday I was a little rusty from not running for a couple of weeks and I didn't trust my horse like I should have cause I had hit barrels the last two times. So, I did not check him at the first where I needed to and we went past it, to the fence, and looped around to loose a good 1/2 second. UGH...so I ran a 16.0 and a 15.2 won it. I was at the bottom of the 2D to bring home no check.
Sunday I was ready to forget my mistake, ride like I should and trust my horse, who is feeling REALLY good! That was proven to be a good plan. I ran a 17.5 on a really big pattern. There were only 5 other girls out of 130-150 riders that beat my time. We did awesome! Badger was extremely powerful. I really struggled to get him to turn the barrels tight, but he did it. On two barrels I thought for sure we were going to blow out of them, but just went I thought "Oh crap, here we go on a detour" he suddenly turned and sucked up the barrels. It was awesome! I so wish I had it on video!!
We then tried to haul back to Rosenberg to hit another barrel race. We got about 20 min away and called and they only had 7 runners left. So, there was no way we could've made it. i was bummed cause I think I could have done really well at that race or maybe even won it. But, that is ok. It was probably a blessing since I wasn't able to run him twice in one day and three times in a weekend. that's a lot to ask of a horse so I think it's good it didn't work out that way.
Instead, we went to Rebecca and Jesse's. Rebecca bummed up her knee really bad and has not been able to ride since February. So, we went over there to hang out and so Rebecca and I could go riding. She rode trustworthy Badger and I rode Mito. It was a very enjoyable ride and it was good for Mito to get out and relax instead of always working in the arena.
After we rode we just hung out and we finally left around 8:30. Shelby was pretty worn out from the long weekend and was glad to get home in her jammies and go night night.
Once I took my shower and got her in bed I baked a cake for today's summer birthday celebrations at work.
It was a fun weekend, but I'm ready to rest for a couple of days. :) This weekend is the big NBHA state show in Katy. This is a big barrel race with a lot of money added as well as other prizes. I'm very anxious to go this weekend, especially since Badger is running really well and super strong.
Monday, June 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment