After today I will only have 3 1/2 days with the students and 5 days of work! YES! I'm looking forward to the time off!
I can't remember if I said anything about applying to a different district. It has several schools closer to home and so I finally decided to apply. That was back in January. Just recently, a position opened up similar to what I do now. There are not that many in the district so I was pleased to have the opportunity to apply.
I went to the interview and I believe it went well. From what I understand there are quite a few applicants as they told me they were interviewing 2 days all afternoon. I felt I did a good job and now I just have to wait and see. I really like their program and how they utilize technology in the district. My job would be more like a helping teacher for other teachers as well as some administration type of work.
There were 8 people in the room with me and so I had a lot of eyes staring at me. I worked really hard to talk at a normal pace and make eye contact with everyone. Anyhow, we'll see what happens. Either way, I will be happy. I have a lot of friends in my current district and I work in two great schools. I also have a lot planned for my schools next year. So, it is in God's hands. If the door opens, I will walk through it. If it doesn't, then I'll stay where I am at.
I took some pictures of Cowgirl and I thought I'd share with you. I also worked her last night. She has not been touched in months. I pulled her out and she was a little skiddish, but she was fine. So, I worked her in the round pen to make sure she wasn't going to do anything stupid. I then saddled her and worked her again. She did nothing! Never even showed signs of bucking. I was so impressed with this mare. I'd love to see her go as we need the money, but boy do I like how smart she is. If I didn't like Romeo so much I would sell him and keep her. But, I like Romeo for other reasons so, for now, he stays. :)After I worked her with the saddle on I worked with her flexing. Horses have to be taught how to bend their heads around and to be soft in the face and neck. So, that's what we are working on. I then worked on teaching her to back with a bit. She did ok with that too.
My plan is to do that for another two weeks and then I'll work on sitting on her and breaking her. I believe it will be as easy if not easier than it was with Romeo. I'm very anxious to get started, especially after last night.After that, I rode Badger. I took Ringo, Ryan's pup, with me so he could learn how to follow the horse. He did pretty well and listened for the most part. We are still working on that, but he's learning. If he doesn't listen then we put a leash on him for the rest of the evening. He's super smart so he'll catch on. It's so nice having a dog with brains!
No comments:
Post a Comment