Thursday, May 28, 2009

Puuuuuussssshhhhhhh!!!!!!!

The guys trying to push one of the mules up the embankment Memorial Day Weekend. You can click on Texas to see more pictures from that weekend. I have added the ones Rebeccca sent me.




It’s Thursday, wow! Where did the week go? On Wednesday I finally got to ride Badger. I hadn’t ridden him in over a week. He had definitely put on some weight which is not good since he was already on the heavy side. We loped a 2 ½ times each way around the big pasture and he got pretty sweated up. So, I’m going to ride him today and Friday. Hopefully that will help with this weekend’s runs. I have one on Saturday and Sunday. This is a busy weekend. I have a barrel race in Rosenberg. It’s an NBHA. Then, on Sunday I have a GCBRA in Alvin and the Rodeo Sweethearts in Rosenberg. So, we’re going to get signed up early for the GCBRA and get there to run at 2 pm. Then, after I run, we’re going to load up and head over the Rodeo Sweethearts. I don’t plan to run as that is too much for Badger, but I have to help out since I’m part of that association.

I’m anxious to make my run as the last two runs we have made he was sore in the hocks and hit a barrel. (My leg still has the healing mark to prove it.) I know this weekend is going to be a lot of fun as he is on top of his game and ready to make some money.

I’m so ready for the summer break. We have two horses that have GOT to be sold! I need to work one on the barrels more and work on some basic riding skills to make him more desirable to buy. I also need to get our mare broke. We didn’t think she’d be able to be broke until the fall, but she had a little growth spurt and is big enough to break. That will, hopefully, make her more tangible to sell. Darn this market! I took some new pics of her this evening and will upload them tomorrow. She looks so much better than she did in January.

Shelby is also going through a growth spurt. She has been eating VERY well and looks like she is growing each day. She is such a ham too. Today, I laid her down for her evening nap because she was getting sassy. So, then I shut her door and turn on her video monitor so I can keep an eye on her. As I’m watching her I see her trying to sit up. Keep in mind, she’s laying in her bed. It was pretty awesome to watch her. She wasn’t crying or fussing. She was just trying to sit up. She did pretty well. Enough for me to watch her to make sure she didn’t get herself in a bind. Needless to say, she wasn’t ready for her nap yet so I had to go and get her out of bed. I took her back outside and fed her while we waited for Ryan to get home. It wasn’t long after he got home that I went riding and Shelby (after seeing me again) started to cry. Ryan told me she continued to fuss and cry so he hauled back to her room for a nap.

No comments: