This past weekend was long. On Friday I took Shelby to work. I believe normally this would not have been a big deal. But, this week she had been sick. I thought it was because of her teething. Long story, short…I took her to work and she was very whiney and fussy. That made for a long day and I got little done. By the middle of the day I called the doctor again and they told me they had a 2 pm appointment. I was supposed to run in Katy around 3 pm so I wasn’t sure what to do. Well, I ended up meeting Ryan and he took Shelby to the doctor while I went off to Katy.
The doc said she had a virus and there was nothing we could do other than keep giving her the Tylenol and motrin. With all the chaos, it was amazing I made my run! We ran, but we didn’t clock very well. My horse is fat and he is officially on a diet and will be worked a whole lot more now that I’m off of work. This will include swimming 1-2 times a week. He also gets a little rusty when he hasn’t run in a week. So, I’m going to make a run on him during the week in the practice pen.
I had to make another run on Saturday. Badger felt really good warming up. He dropped his shoulder going to the 2nd barrel, so I was a little worried about that. But, as I warmed him I kept bumping him in the front left shoulder to change his weight so he would get off of his shoulder. Three runners before my turn a girl was making a really nice run. She came around the third, her horse slipped real bad in the back end, through her off of her balance and she fell off facing down and hit her head. Apparently she was knocked out, but she did wake up shortly afterwards. Because of her hitting her head, they called an ambulance. That delayed the race at least 20-30 minutes. Fortunately, I believe she will be ok. She runs with us in the GCBRA and I think the NBHA too and her husband drags at a lot of our races. They are VERY nice people!
After that, they got the race going again and Badger was pumped. We started to the first running full force and feeling good. We wrapped around it real nice and were heading to the 2nd. That was awesome…he didn’t drop his should and he had a lot of power coming out of it. We go to the third, make a really nice turn only for him to slip on the back of the barrel, lose his balance, pulled himself up only to hit the barrel with his shoulder. I, regretfully, said a few choice words as I was running home and after I exited the arena. I know, I know, bad sportsmanship. I was just so angry the ground was that bad on the third. We saw a lot of horses this weekend slip or almost fall because the ground was not holding. So I was very frustrated that it happened to my horse too. Luckily, we both came out ok. Badger was favoring his back end a little after our run, but he walked it off.
Sunday I went to church. It was so great to be back. It has been 6-8 week since I had been. Going to my church for me is like going home after a long weekend. God and I had quite the conversation and I got centered again. I so missed going to church! After church we hung out inside pretty much all day. It was hot out and we were all tired. Shelby and I took several naps throughout the day.
I went grocery shopping Sunday evening and then came back and we fed the horses and that was about it. I wanted to ride, but didn’t. That is ok. I’ll ride tomorrow morning, first thing! I planned to take Mito, but he is sore in the back so we’ll have to work on him to, hopefully, get rid of the sore back. I really need to start riding him.
This week I work Tuesday and Thursday and I am getting some work done on my teeth Wednesday. I am not looking forward to that. I have a feeling I’m going to walk out feeling some pain. YUCK…I can’t even remember what they are going to do me because I was supposed to go back in December. I just know that it’s not going to be fun and it’s going to be expensive.
Oh, I almost forgot, Shelby is starting to try many different foods. This weekend she tried chicken, chicken noodle soup, blueberries and cherry tomatoes. She also likes to eat strawberries and watermelon. If we’re eating it, she wants to try it. She also likes to drink out of a regular cup. Of course, she spills a lot all over herself, but she still likes to drink out of the big cup. I bought her a sippy cup I think will be easy to drink out of. We got some nice ones as gifts, but I think they are for when she gets bigger cause you have to suck pretty hard to get any liquid out of it.
Well, that’s it for me.
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment