Monday, June 29, 2009

Busy Three Weeks

This has been a long and busy 3 weeks for Ryan and me. We had Nancy come for a visit at the beginning of the month to spend time with Shelby. We did lots of shopping, which is Nancy’s specialty even though she denies it! Ha! J/K Nancy! Then, we all flew out on June 18 to go to MI for a few days. The weather was awesome. Way warmer than what it is usually like in MI in June. Boy was I happy. I thought for sure I was going to freeze. I even got in the pond next to my dad’s. Shelby loves the water so we played in there a couple of days. (you can see pics under “Michigan” if you haven’t already)

Dad and Charlene also hosted a party for Ryan, Shelby and me. All our friends and family came to visit. It was so nice seeing everyone! I had not seen some of my relatives in many, many years. So that was a blessing. It was also great to see my sisters, their husbands, and my nephews. My how my nephews had grown! I miss all of them just thinking about it.

We flew back on June 23 and the 24th I had Gwen, a high school friend, fly into TX to visit. Last Thursday we went to Galveston to spend a few hours at my friend’s family’s beach house. I enjoyed hanging out by the water, but wished we had left earlier that morning so we had more time in Galveston. I had Shelby go to the babysitters, so we had to leave by 4:45. Unfortunately we got hung up in rain and traffic and ended up getting back late. I probably should’ve just taken Shelby so we wouldn’t have had to rush back. We could’ve done a little souvenir shopping and maybe saw some more sights. It was just so hot, I was worried it would be too hot for Shelby. I warned Gwen that I was not a good host. So, hopefully she forgives me. She told me she would’ve let me know if she wanted to do something else.

On Friday we did some shopping and went to the Country Peddler Show in Rosenberg. It’s like a big bazaar. I found lots of things I would like to buy and also figured out how I wanted to decorate my spare bathroom. I am going to paint it a beige color, probably much like what I have in my living room and then decorate it in a burgundy/red color. I’m anxious to do that, but it might be a while.

On Saturday we went to a barrel race in Wharton. I had a nice run. That is the arena my horse does not like, so I was very happy with my 15.9. A 15.2 won it…so I wasn’t too far off the mark. I hope I won the novice to put my in the lead or close to it. I‘ll have to check tomorrow when the post it.

Sunday I took Gwen to the airport and then headed back to the house. We hung out til it was time to go to the barrel race in Wharton. I did ok…I ran a 15.9 again, but it was on a smaller pattern so I was a little disappointed. I thought Badger quit running, but after looking at the video I’m pretty sure it was me that quit trying. I was just so tired. It has been 100-104 degrees Fahrenheit which really wears us out. Now, that’s hot!

I rode Mito around 6:30 once it cooled off. He did ok. I just wish we could sell him. I’m going to drop the price drastically on him and see if that helps. We just need to get him and Cowgirl off our feed bill. I plan to get up real early and ride at my friend’s house to work him on the barrels. If I can get him loping the barrel pattern pretty well I might start running him in the NBHA. Perhaps that exposure will get him sold. Who knows…what a depressing economy we live in. I am trying to cut the ‘fat’ but I’m not having much luck. On top of all of that, our grass is frying. It has not rained here in over a month and it’s been SUPER hot…so all I hear is crackling sounds when I walk on our grass. Our pastures are getting bare and all we have our 4 round bales…which we have to pay for. Ugh….

On a happy note, Shelby is officially sitting up on her own. It’s so cute watching her sit up and hang out. I am sure I got some pics of her doing that in MI. I have all those posted as they had wireless DSL at Dad’s. Oh how I miss it and I’m soooooooo tempted to start pricing air cards so I can upload pics and videos without having to drive somewhere. My goal is do that by August…so we’ll see.

Shelby has also gotten pretty attached to me. If she sees me coming into the room she starts to cry. So, then I have to wait for her to quit crying (you moms know how hard that is) before I pick her up. It’s so hard not to get sucked into the tears and sad face.

Tomorrow is the start of a new week. I have no major plans other than riding horses I wish I could sell and going to the river next weekend with some friends. My vacation is half over, how’d that happen? Oh well…at least I get one…it sure is fun being with Shelby and it’s going to be hard going back in August. Darn jobs, they always get in the way don’t they? Ha!

PS: I’m writing this off line on Sunday night. I hope to upload tomorrow. Just thought I’d let you know incase you noticed it was written and uploaded at two different times.

No comments: