Monday, September 28, 2009

Fair Weekend

This was a long weekend. We had the rodeo on Friday and Saturday night and Ryan decided to go to a round robin roping on Sunday. We didn't have any luck this weekend. Ryan did ok in the roping. He was placed 5th as of Friday, but it is likely someone pushed him further down the placings on Saturday. I ran Badger on Saturday and it was a MESS. He went VERY wide and overall it was a TERRIBLE run. So, we had him scanned on Sunday to check for hot spots which indicate soreness. Sure enough, he was sore in his neck, back and hocks. So, we are going to take him to the vet tomorrow to have some work on him. Gulp...it's going to be expensive.

We did place 3rd for All States Roofing in the business man's roping. We could've won if I had known what I was doing. Oh well, we'll get em' next year! It was a lot of fun and Ryan and Wade Watley were GREAT partners. (Wade roped the calf and Ryan pulled the rope off as I grabbed the ribbon off the tail.)

The best part was Shelby got to ride in the grand entry. Let me see if I can find some pics out there. I know plenty of people took pics of her and Ryan and I'll share them with you. She thought the whole parade, music, announcer, crowd was all for her! LOL Silly girl....she was smiling and clapping the whole time!

Tonight Ryan is in the Ranch Rodeo. I am also meeting the girls (Rodeo Sweethearts) at 4:30 to meet and great the adults with special needs. We look forward to that every year. It will be Shelby's first time for both. I plan to dress her up in a cute little Cowgirl Outfit Grandma Nancy bought for her the last time she was in town.

I have learned this weekend it is VERY hard being a Mom, Rodeo Sweetheart, Wife and "Cowgirl" all at the same time. It was exhausting!


Here is a pic of Shiner and me running in Wharton a couple of weeks ago. (http://www.tedsphotoreflex.com/)

No comments: