Monday, September 21, 2009

Shelby Riding Twister

This weekend was busy as always. Saturday I had my barrel race in Rosenberg. I didn't do near as well as I had hoped, but I still got some Novice points, so that was good. Badger just isn't clocking like he used to. We are thinking he may have an ulcer so I'm going to see about getting him something to help with that. I have two weeks before my next GCBRA, so that should give him enough time to help him out.

Shiner did well this weekend. He didn't clock as well either, but I'm not too worried about that. It will come with time. I'm looking for consistancy of the pattern right now. I'll worry about the speed later. He even won some money in the 5D. So, yea for Shiner! His first paycheck!

After I ran Badger, Ryan loaded him up and he and some buddies went to Gonzales for a Ranch Rodeo. It didn't go as planned, but they had a good time. They stayed the night in Gonzales and came back on Sunday.

Shelby and I went to church on Sunday. What an AMAZING service! I really felt in tuned and in touch with God. It was AWESOME to say the least. I have been struggling with barrel racing and Badger not clocking. I just felt God was telling me the burning I feel deep down inside is the desires of my heart and he will make them come true. The mountain I am climbing now is there for a reason. So, when I come out on top then I can praise Him for all His glory!

After Ryan got back from Gonzales we had to head up to Rosenberg to ride with the Sweethearts. The Ch 11 news was there and did a segment on a little girl. They also taped us. we're supposed to be on the news this evening at 10 PM. If I find a way to tape it or get the video I'll either send a link or upload it to here.

Below is a video of Shelby riding. She usually wants to hold the reins, but I guess since we were videoing she decided not to do that. Go figure! Anyhow, I just had to share what my little cowgirl is doing now.

No comments: