Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Selling My Truck

I never thought I'd consider selling my truck until it was worth about $500! But Ryan came to me the other night with this idea and he is right. If we sell my truck that would free up some cash to pay off our tractor and lawnmower with the plan to free up some monthly debt.

Oh, why is it so painful when it makes so much sense? We would also get me something a little more economical like a 1/2 ton pickup. I know, I know a car makes more sense. But, I am not a 'car' person and as long as I have to work full time I want something I am happy to drive in 2 hours a day. Since the not working full time is not an option....well you get the idea.

So, I just put the truck on Craig's List to see what happens. I will go through the process and if it sells, great, if not, even greater (well, for me)....Oh the things you do when you have a family.

Anyhow, I guess I write this with the hopes of some sympathy...hahaha...and to try to convince myself this is the right thing to do and IT'S ONLY A TRUCK.....there are people out there that don't even have the money to buy a vehicle let alone a truck like mine.

Anyhow, if I sell my truck then I'll drive the car Ryan's parents gave us until I find a vehicle I like from a private owner (since it will be cheaper). Then, I'll sell the car too. The numbers look great, but the heart feels terrible. Whoooaaaa is me....

Barrels went ok this weekend. That has been another frustrating process. I guess I just want to be first and that isn't going to happen. Badger has the talent, he just doesn't apply himself. I have four more barrel races and if I can just hang on to my first place standing in the Novice I'll be happy. If not, honestly, I'll be very dissappointed in Badger. He has the ability to hold on to it. I'm just not sure if he has the heart. Then, there's me, who tries too hard and probably maeks things work. Ugh!!

Shiner is doing well. We are still at loping the pattern, but he is competitve in the 4D and 5D so i can't complain. Once he gets some more time on him he'll start learning about speed. Right now, I just want a clean, solid run and he's been pretty much giving that to me.

I ran him Saturday in Wharton and he kept slipping on the front end on the turns. So, Ryan put shoes on the front and that seemed to help on Sunday. I made some practice runs at a lope on him and I could feel his confidence building as we made each run. By the time we did the open run he was starting to use his shoes to hold himself up and get around the turns.

Shiner has a nervous side to him. It's probably his running bloodlines so I have to be sure to work through it. We do a lot of walking up and down the alley way and I only push him running him home. I want him to feel confident and relaxed in the arena and going down the alley way. I want him to anticipate it in a positive way. So, I hope to finish this year out with building that confidence so I can come back next year and be ready to run him a little harder. He has the go, the ability to make nice turns, the speed and the heart. He just doesn't have the mind set yet.

Anyhow...that's been my week so far. I guess I need to get back on task. I'll try to add a video or two of Shelby as well as my runs this week sometime.

Shelby is crawling everywhere and I'm having fun taking lots of videos of that silly girl!

No comments: