Monday, October 5, 2009

Busy Weekend - Shelby eating

This weekend was another busy weekend! Friday night we got a babysitter for Shelby. It was our first time getting an official babysitter. All went well, except Shelby was not happy about being at home while Mom and Dad were at the rodeo. So, she gave Faith a hard time with not going to bed like she was supposed to. She even woke up at midnight when we got home just to let us know! :)

Saturday we left around noon and had to go to LaPorte to a GCBRA barrel race. Badger did MUCH better, but he still has room for improvement. But, I was happy with his run. He didn't fight me like he had been. It felt so good to have him back to himself!!! Poor guy, he must've been hurting pretty bad. The ground was heavy and he struggled with getting around the barrels. I didn't care though, we can't control that. We have two more runs left and we are (I think) 5 points ahead. I have such faith that we will win! I can't wait to share my praise report on Nov. 11th after the last barrel race. :)
After my run, we drove to Rosenberg for the rodeo. The drill team I ride on, Rodeo Sweethearts, did GREAT and it was fun spending the evening at the rodeo. Shelby was very happy to be with us all day. Seriously, she LOVES to go and be a part of it all. Silly girl! It was really loud in there and she was so tired she still fell asleep in her stroller undearneath the announcer stand.
Sunday was church and then hanging out at the house. Later in the day I went to walmart and spent way too much! Arg....life is just expensive! Just diapers and formula was almost $100! I also bought some things for Shelby's bday. She is going to be 1 years old this Thursday! Wow, where did the time go? I still have to buy her a swing and the cake mix and ice cream so we can celebrate with sweets.
Here's the Rodeo Sweethearts Performance from October 3rd. I am the third horse on the side with the black horse leading.
Below is a video of her eating ham. I started cutting up small pieces for her. Well, I set down the whole piece of meat while I cut up a slice of it. Next thing I know she took the whole piece of meat and started chewing on it. LOL So, I thought that was video worthy. Enjoy! She ate the whole piece of meat and about 10 strawberries. Her belly was solid full. LOL The girl can eat! Then about an hour after she ate I gave her 4 oz (her choice) of formula. Yickes! She eats more than me!
I love ham!!!





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She looks just like you when you were that age! I can't believe the resemblance.

Shelly