Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Lawn Mower Fun

Here are some fun pics of Shelby and Ryan having fun with the lawnmower.

















This week has already had it's shares of ups and downs. Ryan took Badger in to be worked on and found out he possibly pulled a hamstring. I was originally told I wouldn't be able to run him this weekend, which pretty much left me with no chance to win a saddle. But, God is good and he knew my faith was strong. As the day progressed we learned it would be ok to run him, but we had to leave him alone, warm him up long trotting only, and then make my run and that was it.

I still want to take him to the vet to confirm it is a pulled hamstring before deciding what we'll do after that. It will probably mean some therapy for his leg and time off...and of course money. I'll keep you up to date.

He has two more runs for me before he can 'retire' from barrels. I'll then move on to Shiner full time and Cowgirl will be in training. Romeo is going to go to roping for now as Ryan needs another roping horse and I have my hands full already.

Tomorrow is Shelby's 1st Birthday. We plan to celebrate with cake and ice cream. Yummy! Dustin, Rebecca, Jesse and Colton are supposed to come over for cake and ice cream. It will be nice to have a few others there to celebrate. Just the three of us sounded kinda boring for a 1st birthday. I sure wish we could've been with family for her 1st birthday, but that is ok. This is our life and so she'll know no different. :) We'll share pictures of the big event of course!

No comments: