Friday night Ryan went hog hunting and what a hunt it was. They killed a 216 lb hog as well as another smaller one. Wow, it was HUGE! It's tusks were over 5 inches long. Shelby and I stayed home and rested. I think Ryan enjoyed the time away from the everyday life and had a lot of fun hog hunting.
Saturday we hung out around the house until it was time to go to my barrel race in Wharton. It was nice hanging out around the house with the windows open. We also got more rain, but it didn't down poor. It rained off and on.
I hadn't ridden Badger in a week so I wasn't sure what to expect. We had been treating his ham string and I had no idea how'd he do. Apparently everything we had done was working cause we made a REALLY nice run! He ran hard and turned harder. It was AWESOME to say the least. His turns were so tight and smooth I thought for sure we were going to hit the 2nd and 3rd barrel. In fact, I was ready to push the barrels back up if I had to cause I really needed a fast run, but more so I needed a clean run! The third was PERFECT. NEVER in all the years I've been running barrels could I say that. I mean PERFECT!! I was running to the 3rd and I said "Whoa!" and he did! He slid on his hind end and spun around that barrel in no time! I ran a 15.9....my best time in that arena yet! (This used to be my 'bad' arena...) I was sooooo pumped! It was exhilerating!
We then went home and Shelby was already sleeping, so I stayed home while Ryan went to a friend's house to eat Etouffe' (sp?). I was wooped so I didn't mind.
Sunday I went to church and that was AWESOME too. What a great service! It's amazing what you can be given when you ask for it. God is so good and meets you right where you are at. I am anxious to get more involved with my church and get more centered around God. It helps keep me sane when times get tough like they have been the last few weeks. It's been really hard keeping up with everything going on.
I don't have another barrel race until the finals Nov. 8th so Badger will get a much needed rest. I'm just going to exercise him 1-2 times a week and then leave him alone and wait for Nov. 8th. God willing, I'll be coming home with a saddle that day. :)
It is time to start exercising those colts again, so I hope to pull them up and clean them off. I haven't worked any horse except Badger and Twister for a month or so now. So, it is time. It's also time to start exercising Shiner too. I need to get him ready for next season. I'm looking forward to running him, but will miss Badger's laid back attitude.
Well, time to work...I'll try to add pics of Ryan's hog sometime today.
Monday, October 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment