Thursday, October 1, 2009

Cool Projects at Work

I'm excited to say this year I have a lot going on at work. It has kept me VERY busy, but I'm loving it!

Here's what I have going on....

I currently have 14 teachers who have agreed to have pen pals this year. Our pen pals are from all over...Costa Rica, Michigan, New Jersey, Canada, and Pennsylvania! I'm so excited and can't wait to see what cool things the teachers at my school do with other classrooms across North America!!! We plan to write on a monthly basis as well as video conference once or twice so the students can meet each other. :)

I have a teacher doing 'book trailers' on Number the Stars. The students are going to create a video much like you see with the Movie Trailers sharing information about the book and trying to get the person watching it interested in reading the book.

I have 2 teachers doing a vodcast on TX Explorers using the Smartboard and NB 10 software.

I have almost all of 1st grade at Oakland doing a Wiki with other teachers in the district on the Life Cycle of various animals.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head....it's a lot to keep up with, but it's worth it! Integration at its best!!!!!!

Tonight we are going to the fair to watch the PRCA slack. I have a friend running barrels and I also like to watch the pros and their amazing horses! It's the best part of the fair for me. :) I might even be able to help set barrels tomorrow. I love doing that. I'm in the arena with the best of the best. It's so cool!

We also have a babysitter for tomorrow night. It will be Shelby's first time with a babysitter for the evening. I have left her with friends for a few hours, but not with an official babysitter. Faith goes to my church and has a wonderful family. I know she'll do a super job! It should be pretty easy for her since Shelby goes to bed so early. I will be riding Twister with the Rodeo Sweethearts and then staying to watch David Allen Coe.

Saturday I have a barrel race in LaPorte and then I have to be back to Rosenberg that evening to ride with the Sweethearts again. A busy day! Hopefully Badger will be feeling better and he will make a good, clean run!

Sunday I plan to go to church but not much else.

Here are a few links to YouTube. You can view us girls (Rodeo Sweethearts) riding at the rodeo last weekend.

Long Routine
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udlDKElEKx0

Short 1st Half
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8uFotAU42o

Short 2nd Half
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caKzDDhtLkA

No comments: