Sunday, February 14, 2010

Buckle Won!

On Saturday we hosted the Rodeo Sweethearts Barrel Bang. It is a fundraiser barrel race we do for the youth fair. We've been doing this race for several years. I always compete but have yet to win one of our buckles.

I am proud to announce that the buckle has been won! Shiner, in his novice year, won himself a buckle!!!! He and Twister also won some cash which will be put towards our CA trip in May!!




I was proud of myself too because I was so sick!! I woke up Friday night at 2 AM with stomach pains. I knew that was a bad sign. I threw up at 2:30, 3:30, 5:30, & 7:30! Yuck!

I knew i had to help run the race, but thought there was no way I would be able to run. As the day went on I started to feel a little better. I thought well mybe I'll just run Twister. I decided to wash twister and shiner and decide if I was going to run both at the race later.

I arrived around 2:30 PM and was feeling better so I decided to run shiner too! He was a bit squirrely but was settling down after I ponied him and rode him down. I then went and got lunch...

As the day progressed I started to feel worse. As I exhibitioned shiner I thought for sure I might be leaning over him to be sick.

Luckily I kept it all down and made my run. He did pretty well and so I made sure to tell him he did well and scratched him on the neck and head before going to get twister for his run.

The nice thing about twister is we go back 9 years and we know each other so well. So we warmed up and then took Shelby for a ride to keep Twister loose and Shelby happy.

We then went in and made our run. Our timing was off a bit on the 1st but the 2nd and 3rd were perfect! I was so proud of him. He has so much heart! If he was just 0.200 second faster he would've had a buckle to bring home too!

At the end of the day shiner won 1st in the 5D and Twister was 3rd in the 3D. Shiner has a lot of 'growing' to do but he is showing a lot of improvement already! I can see it clicking one day and he'll kick butt! I can't wait for that day to come in the near future!

Today we hung around the house. we had a sunny day but I stayed in most of the day. I am just now feeling better.

Here are some pics of Shelby.

Snuggly warm!


Getting sleepy!



Opening Valentine's Day card from great grandma Helmreich. Go figure she likes the envelope the best. The money will go into her bank acct towards her first pony!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: