Shelby continues to crack us up. She does the funniest things. The other day we were in Ryan's truck and we hear this snorting coming from the back seat. We look back to see Shelby with a big grin on her face, finger up her nose and she's snorting. We both busted out laughing!Last night she learned the word 'up' and the word 'sit', but sit came out more like 'shit'. Haha! We'll have to work on that. She loves to sing and dance too. We try to catch her when she's getting her groove on, but as soon as we put the camera up to take a video pic of her she quits.
This weekend should be fun. I have barrel race in La Porte. I think Shiner will be healed enough (he pulled the skin off of his leg somehow) to run. So, I plan to run Twister and Shiner in the first 30 runners. Then, head back home to drop the horses off and get cleaned up for a wedding. My friend, Alison, is getting married in Missouri City (just south of Houston) and her reception is in downtown Houston somewhere. Since Ryan doesn't do Houston, Rebecca is going to go wtih me. A girls' night out should be fun.
Tonight I'm going to Melanie's house to see if she has anything nice I can borrow. I don't have any nice dress clothes.
Last night was fun too. I got to ride Twister and Cowgirl. Cowgirl continues to amaze me. She is such a nice horse and she is SOOOOOO smart! I love her natural talent. I also love that she's willign to use it and not lazy! She and I are going to be a great team together! Y'all wait and see! In 2 years I'll be saying "See, I told you she'd be great!" :)
Oh how I wish to be able to ride horses full time.
Many teachers and ITS (what my job title is) are getting more and more worried as our district talks about lay offs and job cuts. We have a big deficit and they are looking to make cut backs. I am trying to not jump on the band waggon of nervous people and just going with the flow. Time will tell and there is not much we can do about it other than do my best at my job.

No comments:
Post a Comment