Yesterday evening was an exciting moment for Ryan and me. We got to feel the baby move. Well, actually, kick! It was a very new experience for me and Ryan couldn't believe how fiesty his child was. What an amazing experience and how cool to experience it together. I had felt this but just thought it was some sort of cramps from the baby growing.
It appears this baby is very active as he/she kept kicking over and over again. Especially when Ryan would push on my belly a little bit. What a miraculous experience! We are so blessed!
We also have a new addition to our horse family. We have decided to purchase a filly from a friend of ours with plans to breed her down the road. Our stud colt, Bobalou, is turning into quite the looker so we may keep him as a stud. He is very calm and gentle as a 2 year old so we are hopeful that great personality will stay even as he learns he is a stud.
Anyhow, to keep our ag exempt on our property we have to bale hay or breed horses. Since our property is quickly filling up with fences and horses we thought we might consider trying a little breeding. I have to do some more research to be sure we are following our county guidelines to keep our ag exempt if we were to change to the 'breeding' status.
The new filly (She just turned 1 YO) had not been messed with as she was out in the pasture being a horse and so we have been working hard to halter break her and teach her to lead around. She only took 2 days and had that figured out already. We are now working on teaching her that it is ok if we want to come up to her and pet on her or put a lead line on her. She is very smart and has become my project since I'm not able to ride and I can't help Ryan w/his outside horses other than feeding and moving them around in the pastures. So, that has brought some new life back in me. I've really missed that part of my life....the riding and enjoying our horses. I still ride, but not very often and only one of our horses. So, that is pretty boring.
Now, the next fun process...thinking of a 'barn name' for her. Her registered name is "OK Juanitas TX Cowgirl". I'm considering Cowgirl, but not sold on it. She needs a strong, powerful, winning name...so I'll take the time and make sure she gets the perfect name. If you have any suggestions, feel free to put them in the 'comments' section. I do read what you write us!
It appears this baby is very active as he/she kept kicking over and over again. Especially when Ryan would push on my belly a little bit. What a miraculous experience! We are so blessed!
We also have a new addition to our horse family. We have decided to purchase a filly from a friend of ours with plans to breed her down the road. Our stud colt, Bobalou, is turning into quite the looker so we may keep him as a stud. He is very calm and gentle as a 2 year old so we are hopeful that great personality will stay even as he learns he is a stud.
Anyhow, to keep our ag exempt on our property we have to bale hay or breed horses. Since our property is quickly filling up with fences and horses we thought we might consider trying a little breeding. I have to do some more research to be sure we are following our county guidelines to keep our ag exempt if we were to change to the 'breeding' status.
The new filly (She just turned 1 YO) had not been messed with as she was out in the pasture being a horse and so we have been working hard to halter break her and teach her to lead around. She only took 2 days and had that figured out already. We are now working on teaching her that it is ok if we want to come up to her and pet on her or put a lead line on her. She is very smart and has become my project since I'm not able to ride and I can't help Ryan w/his outside horses other than feeding and moving them around in the pastures. So, that has brought some new life back in me. I've really missed that part of my life....the riding and enjoying our horses. I still ride, but not very often and only one of our horses. So, that is pretty boring.
Now, the next fun process...thinking of a 'barn name' for her. Her registered name is "OK Juanitas TX Cowgirl". I'm considering Cowgirl, but not sold on it. She needs a strong, powerful, winning name...so I'll take the time and make sure she gets the perfect name. If you have any suggestions, feel free to put them in the 'comments' section. I do read what you write us!
No comments:
Post a Comment