Saturday, May 10, 2008

NYC - Day 2




Last night we went to STOMP. That was super cool! It's amazing how they make music from everyday objects such as plastic bags, brooms, car rims, and a zillion other everyday objects. They also throw in some comedy. So it was great! It was also super cool because it was a really small venue...maybe 180 people...so you were super close to the stage! Tomorrow we are going to go see Lion King. I can't wait!
Today was CRAZY! We started out by taking the subway to Times Square and do the touristy thing. I took some fun pictures of all the typical stuff. I'll add the pics when I get back to Texas. Then, we walked and walked and walked...you do that a lot in NYC. Anyhow, we did some shopping and I found some really cute dress pants that will go w/a new shirt I just bought in Texas.
After that, we went to Stacy's cousins jewelry store, Blancpain. It is a luxury division of the Swatch group. I even tried on a $32,000 dollar watch. I added that picture in for fun even though you can't see it very well. It was beautiful! Oh, the life of the rich and famous. I asked her how many sales they do a day since it is so high end and she said their goal for the day was to make 3 sales.

After that we walked some more and then we went to eat lunch at a cute little cafe where I put up my feet and ate a chicken salad. I was pretty wooped by then! The break and smoothie we bought afterwards helped rejuvinate me and got me ready for part 2 of the day.

We went to China town. That was crazy! My friend, Jennifer, in Texas referred to it as Harwin on sterroids. (Harwin is a street in Houston that sells everything from cheap jewelry to perfume.) I think it was worse. It was crazy chaotic and the two of us were ready to get out of there quick. The best part was we found a sample store. They sell REALLY expensive clothes for super cheap. That's about all I got out of it. Stacy loved it and got these really nice jeans for more than 50% off as well as a couple of other things. I didn't really buy anything since my body is in the process of changing. No point I guess...hahahha...
After that, we got back on the subway and came back to her apartment to get ready for dinner tonight. That should be fun and good...Mmmmmm...Italian food!

No comments: