Today it is raining. Arg...so my plans have been scrapped to go on the boat ride today. I'm also very tired as yesterday and Saturday were very eventful. So, I'm working on moving my flight up. There is concern because of the rain that there may be delays, so I'm hoping to make the 2:30 flight.
On a good note...We saw Lion King yesteray and it was AWESOME! WOWZA! There are no words to describe it. From the moment the curtain opened I was glued to the show. The costumes, the music, the performance...it blew me away! If you ever get a chance to go see you have to! It's a bit expensive, but well worth it.
After that we went to lunch at Playwright. It is somewhere on Times Square. It was ok...but it was probably what I ordered! HA!
After lunch we went to The Top of the Rock...(Rockfeller). That was really cool too. Most people go to the top of the Empire State building because it is more popular. We chose the Rock because it is not as busy and you get a 360 degree view. It was amazing. We were 69 floors up and outside so I got some really cool pics of the entire city. I can't wait to share them with y'all! What an amazing view.
It also make me think of 9/11. I thought about the people who may have been on top of the Rock when the planes came flying in to hit the WTC towers. I can't imagine how horrible it must've been.
I wanted to go back to Ground Zero one more time, but that is ok. There is not a lot to see right now other than a big hole like I described the other day. I'm glad I accidently stumbled acrossed it on Friday.
Overall what an amazing trip. I'm tired and I have seen so much of NYC...the tourist side and the local side. I feel so fortunate to have Stacy drag me all over the city. :) What a great trip.
Hopefully I'll be flying home early today and getting a good nights sleep.
Stacie
Monday, May 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey Stacie,
You never put a picture of Stacey up.
Just a suggestion!!
Some people may not know who she is!!
Shell
You sound like you had the time of your life. I can't wait till you get home. You were missed in Texas!!
Love ya,
Mel
Post a Comment