Monday, July 13, 2009

Monday

Monday - the reality has set in that I have gotten really attached to Shelby. I realized this yesterday when I realized I had three days of work related stuff and I would not be able to be with her all day like I was used to. I believe August will be harder than I expected.

As for the weekend, we had a nice weekend. I ran on Saturday. But, it was what happened before that was exciting. I went out at 1 pm to get Badger out of the big pasture. He had other plans. He decided to make me walk all the way out to the back pasture...about halfway back is when he and his 'possy' decided to dart back, full blast, to the barn. Then, he circled around the open barn doors until I walked all the way up and decided that he did not want to be bothered. So, he tried to get back out to the big pasture. I fought him off with the whip, but he was just too quick and fast for me. So, out he ran to the back pasture. His 'possy' realized he was gone and they went running after him.

I had to, once again, walk out to the back pasture in 100 degree weather to a sweated and winded horse. I was so mad at him I could have beat him raw. I then put his halter out on in the pasture and walked him back up. The feed I brought to catch him was dumped on the ground. The terd did not need any after that experience! So, by the time I got him back to the barn and tied to the trailer it was 1:30. I was to run around 2:30 or 2:40 and still had at least a 30 min. drive to the arena. ARGGGG....

So, Badger is grounded! I put him in the 'grounded' pasture...which is where the naughty horses who teach other horses bad habits or are mean go. So, now Twister and Badger are in there. They also happen to be the fattest horses, so this idea might work. There is basically no grass in there. I am hoping the two of them will begin to lose weight.

Which brings me to his run. I felt he should run a 15.8ish according to the other times, but not fatty. He ran a 16.0. ARGGGGG...so he put me in the middle of the 2D and NO MONEY! I have no idea how I did in any of the classes as we had to go cause it was raining, we had no gas for the generator and my diesel was low in my truck. (We have to have A/C for Shelby.) So, we had to leave even though we were almost to the end of the barrel race.

I will report how we are doing in the standings once they post it.

This weekend is we run in his favorite arena, so I am hoping we pick up the pace. I also suspect he'll be a little lighter that day too since he has little to eat in the pasture now.

As for Shelby, she is growing so much everyday. She now says "Mumma" and she continues to try and crawl. He can do the army crawl, but still needs to work on it. She loves to stand and she likes me to sing to her the "If you're happy and you know it..." song. She even claps her hands at the right time. It is tooooooooooo cute.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stacie,

Maybe you need Danny to make him a "Time Out" chair!

LOL


Shelly