This week has gone by fairly quickly. I don’t like my weeks going by so quickly. Life flies by and I have no need to encourage it or feel grateful another week of life has flown by.
Tuesday Shelby and I hung out at the house. Tuesday evening we had another girl come out and look at Mito. She liked him and thought he would work with what she does. She called today to let me know she would like to vet check him and if all goes well he’ll be going to his new home this Saturday. I don’t know of anything wrong with him, so I’m sure the deal will go through. I’m happy and sad to see him go. He was really turning into a nice horse with the work I have done with him in the last couple of months. He was even to the point he was ready to add speed to the barrels. But, this was our plan for him. Even though we are taking a pretty big loss on him, it is still good he’s going. That is one more horse off of our feed bill. It also appears he’ll go to a good home, and hopefully, I’ll get to see him get put to good use. The girl buying him is a senior in High School this year. She is going to run for Rodeo Queen. J
Wednesday I had to work. I did a smartboard/senteo training with teachers in the morning and Kid Pix in the afternoon. Both are types of software or hardware that we use in our district. I had two big classes and felt they were a success. J I do enjoy teaching and it’s good to get the time off to remind myself that I do really like what I do. Not that I don’t think that during the year. It’s the time off that revives you and gets back that spark. The day I don’t have that spark will make me rethink what I’m doing. Hopefully it will never come as I do enjoy working for a school. It’s also fairly steady and available anywhere. These are two big plusses, especially in this economy. LOL That last part of the sentence seems to be almost a cliché now doesn’t it?
Wednesday evening I was supposed to ride with the Rodeo Sweethearts, but it got cancelled. So, I decided to ride at Sandy’s house. I took Shiner and Romeo over there. Shiner has been doing very well on the barrels at the house at a trot. I ride in the pasture so I can’t do too much. Anyhow, it seemed like he knew how to run the barrels and was ready to roll. So, I took him to Sandy’s to ‘lope’ him on the barrels. Oh My! Is all I can say! This horse can R-U-N, RUN! I only loped him and he was quick and smooth enough for me to consider running him this weekend. I KNOW he could be competitive in the 4D or 5D without even trying. So, my hope is Ryan will put shoes on him Friday so I can make a practice run w/shoes Friday evening and then run him on Saturday afternoon. If my instincts are right, this horse might be a great horse for me.
With one good ride down, I was anxious to get on my Big Red Romeo…He is like the Kindergarteners at my school. It always amazes me what he can learn a/o remember from the last time we got together to ride. EVERYTHING I teach him he retains. I just love him. Tonight, Ryan got to watch us ride. He hasn’t seen me work with Romeo in a long, long time. He was very impressed with how he was coming along. LOL He said to me “ya know how you always take my horses for barrel racing? Well, I’m calling shotgun on this one.” Hehehe…needless to say, I don’t think Romeo will leave this place anytime soon. He’s the type of horse I can enjoy on the ground as much as on his back. If I could never ride again I would still keep Romeo so I could love on him and get the same in return. Anyhow, he did great with trotting and loping in circles. He also did great trotting the barrel pattern. He sure does have a lot of talent in that area. He’s just so smooth, especially for his size (16 H + and growing).
Tomorrow (Thursday) Shelby and I are going to hang out most of the day. I’m looking forward to it as I didn’t get much time with her between work and horses. She is at the age where she lights up when she sees me and it just melts my heart. I really don’t think I could ever hug her, kiss her or tell her I love her too many times in a day.
Oh, that reminds me, I almost forgot. Last night I really got her giggling. It was sooooooooooooo cute…as JoLynn always says…On the cute scale it was like a ‘poopillian”! I love that about kids…their giggle…it’s just so darn cute!
We’ve also discovered smoothies at our house. Nancy sent us a version of the ‘bullet’. It is a blender that has several plastic ‘glasses’ that you screw on to the blender part. You can then put in your ingredients, blend and ‘viola’. Anyhow, Shelby and I are loving our almost daily smoothie.
Anyhow, tomorrow we’ll hang out at the house. Then, in the afternoon, I’ll take her to the babysitter so I can go ride at my friend’s arena. Ryan has to work. I’m looking forward to making another run on Shiner, riding Romeo, and working Badger and getting him thinking about the barrels.
Friday I’m not sure what we’ll do and Saturday I have a barrel race in Santa Fe, TX and hopefully take Mito to his new owner.
It’s almost 11 PM on Wednesday so it’s time to get some rest. I need to get up early with the hopes of getting Mito in for a vet check first thing. J
Thursday, July 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment